New opportunities & potential in Myanmar's agriculture and supporting infrastructure sectors
Tapping on to new growth potential for emerging economies, Magenta Global is pleased to announce the inaugural Summit Into Myanmar: Agri Trade, Investments & Infrastructure Global Summit 2012 which will convene in Yangon, Myanmar from 25-26 July 2012
3. This timely summit will bring together the Who's Who in Myanmar's rice, pulses, edible oil, seeds, sugar, rubber, fertilizer, farm equipment & other agricultural sectors, bankers, traders, infrastructure players & senior government decision-makers to meet with the some of the world's foremost investors, traders, buyers and agricultural companies.
4. This summit will be graced by the honoured VIP support of the Union Ministers for Agriculture & Irrigation, Commerce, and National Planning & Economic Development. The Summit will provide participants with an understanding and clarity on Myanmar’s new economic regulations arising from latest parliamentary decisions. What is the true potential of Myanmar? What are the investment vehicles? What are the challenges and risk mitigation approaches?
5. Top panel of speakers from international and regional trading houses, agricultural holding companies, private equity, financial institutions, trade & logistics, customs and inspection houses will also be addressing the summit.
6. The summit is supported by the Myanmar Rice Industry Association, Myanmar Edible Oil Dealers' Association, Myanmar Sugarcane and Sugar Manufacturers and Traders Association, Myanmar Rubber Planters and Producers Association,TheThai Rice Exporters Association and The Agricultural and Food Marketing Association for Asia and the Pacific
7. Sponsors & exhibitors of the Summit include Olam International, a leading global integrated supply chain manager and processor of agricultural products and food ingredients;
8. The CEO of the conference organizing company, Magenta Global Pte Ltd, Singapore, Ms Maggie Tan, said: “ Myanmar is the last frontier of opportunity in South East Asia. I am confident that the Myanmar economy will offer vast opportunities that businesses should seize. This Summit is extremely timely and will serve to foster collaboration & business matching for companies in the Asia Pacific region in particular”. She urged all companies and businesses to take a first look at Myanmar agro sector& find out how to tap into the emerging agro opportunities, both upstream and downstream processing.
9. The event will be held at the Sedona Hotel Yangon, Myanmar .
Magenta Global Pte Ltd
Magenta Global Pte Ltd
Connecting Industry Professionals Worldwide
Direct Tel: +65 6391 2530
Tel: +65 6391 2552 Fax: +65 6392 2102
Notes for Editor:
About Magenta Global – Owner & Organizer
Magenta Global Pte Ltd is a premier independent business media company that provides pragmatic and relevant information to government & business executives and professionals worldwide. The organization provides the opportunity to share thought-provoking insights, exchange ideas on the latest industry trends and technological developments with thought leaders and business peers. With a strong focus in emerging economies especially in Africa, Middle East & Central Asia, Magenta Global works in partnership with both the public and private sectors. www.magenta-
About OLAM – Gold Sponsor
Olam International is a leading global integrated supply chain manager with a portfolio of 20 agricultural products and food ingredients. Established 22 years ago, having direct presence in 65 countries.
Headquartered in Singapore and listed on the SGX-ST in 2005, Olam currently ranks among the top 40 largest listed companies in Singapore in terms of market capitalisation and is a component stock in the Straits Times Index (STI), MSCI Singapore Free, S&P Agribusiness Index and the DAXglobal Agribusiness Index.
About SATAKE - Exhibitor
Satake Corporation was found in 1896 and is a world leader in grain processing systems and produces a comprehensive range of individual machines, integrated systems and totally engineered solutions for the processing of rice, wheat and other grains. Satake has achieved its position as the oldest, largest and most advanced company in its fields and is exporting the products over 140 countries throughout the world.
About INDUSS - Exhibitor
INDUSS IS THE LARGEST MANUFACTURER OF PARBOILING AND DRYING EQUIPMENTS IN ASIA
• Pioneer in Parboiling technology since 1974
• Largest exporter of rice processing equipments from India
• INDUSS equipments process more than 16 million tons of paddy per year
About Myanmar Rice Industry Association - Supporting Organization
The Myanmar Rice Industry Association was formed for the unity and sustainable development of rice industry sector in Myanmar with the aim that there is an integrated link and progress among rice producers, millers, merchants and rice specialization companies.
About The Agricultural and Food Marketing Association for Asia and the Pacific - Supporting Organization
The Agricultural and Food Marketing Association for Asia and the Pacific (AFMA) is an international non-profit organization established in 1983 to carry out technical cooperation among food and agricultural marketing institutions of the countries in Asia and the Pacific. The AFMA Secretariat is located in the FAO Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific, Bangkok, Thailand. Members of AFMA include a number of government organizations, private companies and individual professionals who are working or involving with agricultural and food marketing.
About Myanmar Edible Oil Dealers' Association - Supporting Organization
About TheThai Rice Exporters Association - Supporting Organization
The Thai Rice Exporters Association strives to achieve its goal as Thai rice export promoter while providing its 199 members with excellent services and information.Apart from working closely and cordially with members and the Ministry of Commerce, the association is obliged to cooperate with The Board of Trade of Thailand and The Thai Chamber of Commerce and with other related associations like The Thai Farmers Association, The Thai Rice Millers Association and The Thai Rice Wholesalers Association. The objectives are to create cooperation and understanding among industrial stakeholders and to dutifully follow the trade policies and other regulations introduced by the government.