Winners To Be Announced In Shale Gas Innovation Competition
On Tuesday, May 22, 2012 in the Leland Board Room on the second floor of the Harrisburg Hilton, located at One North Second Street, we will announce the winners of the Ben Franklin Shale Gas Innovation Competition (www.sgicc.org).
Each finalist will present to the judges a brief power point presentation starting at 2:00 P.M. At the conclusion of the day’s events, two winners will be awarded $25,000 by C. Alan Walker, Secretary, Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development (DCED).
The finalists and an overview of their projects were announced in April, 2012:
• Aither Chemicals, LLC – Conversion of ethane to petrochemicals
• EMS Energy Institute – Converting natural gas to DME as a transportation fuel
• Greenways, Inc. – Mobile filter press treatment of shale wastewater
• HydroConfidence, Inc.-Hydrocarbon and cement integrity detection for groundwater and the freshwater casing
• J&J Truck Bodies & Trailers – Dust control to eliminate emissions during fracing
• Larson Transportation Institute – Optimizing dual fuel diesel/natural gas engines
• MicroEnergies, LLC – Microchannel Fischer Tropsh natural gas to liquid fuel well head application
• OsComp Ltd - Rotary compressor that allows natural gas & NGL to be piped together from the well head
• Polymics Ltd – Lightweight, durable, reusable leak proof mats for pad construction
• ProChem Tech International, Inc.- Sequential precipitation and fractional crystallization treatment of shale wastewater
• Seraph Energy, LLC – Engine conversion system from diesel to all natural gas
• S4 Worldwide, LLC – Mobile real-time site monitoring and security.
The contest, which is offering a total of $50,000 in cash prizes for the two best shale gas-oriented innovations, new product ideas, or service concepts was co-sponsored by the Marcellus Shale Coalition (www.marcelluscoalition.org)