News By Tag
* Plus Size
* Airline Travel
* Airline Seating
* Plus Size Travel
* Plus Size Clothes
* Size-friendly Airline
* More Tags...
News By Place
Grandstyle.com Makes Airline Travel Easier for Plus Size Travelers
Just in time for summer travel, grandstyle.com introduces valuable tips and info to make airline travel more comfortable for large travelers.
As airlines continue to fight to cut costs, airline passenger comfort continues to suffer. Smaller seats, narrow aisles, more rows of seats and smaller restrooms are strategies employed by the airlines to get as many passenger seats on a flight as possible. Typical airline seats are only 17" wide. Leg room is shrinking. This makes a flight uncomfortable for any airline passenger and can make it almost impossible for many larger travelers. Some airlines have added seating policies with requirements that passengers purchase two seats if they are unable to comfortably fit in a single seat.
Grandstyle.com editors and contributors are frequent travelers and know the best actions to take to ensure a comfortable flight. They understand the various airline policies, know how to select a wider seat with more legroom and have learned the tips to improve their comfort levels while traveling. They share their knowledge in a group of newly-updated articles in the grandstyle.com Plus Size Travel section at http://www.grandstyle.com/
• Selecting a Size-Friendly Airline - Comments and policy information about seating large size passengers for each of the major airlines.
• Airline Comfort Tips - Five steps to getting a comfortable airline seat.
• Airline Tips for Large Passengers - Tips on booking, seat selection, boarding as well as on-board do's and don'ts.
• Airline Comfort - Practical ideas on increasing the comfort in the three most uncomfortable aspects of airline travel - seatbelt extenders, seat space and restroom facilities.
• Finding Seatbelt Extenders - Info on the various styles of seatbelt extenders for airplane and cars and where they can be purchased.
Susan Weber, the creator of grandstyle.com says "I know first-hand how difficult it is to fly as a larger person. Our goal with these articles is to give our readers the info we have learned after many years of flying. Whether flying for business or traveling on vacation, there are ways to make the flight more comfortable. The key is selecting the right airline and the right seat."
Grandstyle.com (http://www.grandstyle.com) was introduced in 1995 to give the 68% of US adults (1) who are overweight a self-esteeming place where they can have access to lifestyle tools and information such as travel tips, car selection tips and resource info on other interests areas as well as a Plus Size Shopping Directory that leads them to good values on quality clothing in larger sizes.
(1) Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, "Obesity and Overweight,"