News By Tag
News By Place
MPI and ACTE Executives Add to the Education Track at AIBTM
Hear from the experts on new tactics for measuring and communicating the value of meetings
These sessions, presented by Meetings Professionals International (MPI) and the Association of Corporate Travel Executives (ACTE), will help redefine how to make meetings and event marketing programs measurable as well as a more consistent and responsive meeting experience for all.
“Following the launch of the first ever international study on the Business Value of Meetings at AIBTM last year, the industry continues to grapple with the greatest challenge of effectively communicating the value of meetings and events,” said Erica Keogan, Reed Travel Exhibitions IBTM Portfolio Education Content Manager. “This year, we have secured some top line evidence and speakers to deliver their views and findings.”
The following three sessions presented by MPI on Tuesday, June 19, will focus on The Practitioner Series: Determine the Business Value of Meetings and Events and will be led by Bill Voegeli, President Significant Research LLC, and John Nawn, Meetings Support Institute:
• The Case for Measurement - This session will present a discussion that will consider ways in which industry leaders can make a business case for measurement and what barriers must be overcome to successfully achieve this.
• Measuring What Matters - Many meeting professionals are not aware of the wide variety of financial and non-financial metrics that can be used to determine value. This interactive discussion on determining objectives and the corresponding metrics and measures that can be utilized for a meeting or event, will show how leading companies are using simple processes and tools to determine the value of their meetings and events.
• Communicating the Value of Your Meeting or Event - One of the greatest challenges in determining the value of meetings and events is properly interpreting the data and effectively communicating results to all stakeholders. This session will support participants in distinguishing value in chosen methods of analysis and outline an effective communication strategy, to support this.
Supporting the same overall theme, ACTE’s following three sessions will further explore ways of delivering ROI:
• Leveraging Emotional Engagement to Improve the ROI of Your Meetings - This workshop will take a fun, interactive game-show approach and examine the role emotions play both in cinema and in our world of meetings and events. The discussions will help attendees identify “positive”
• Is It Time to Eliminate the Hotel RFP Process? - If you are ready to disrupt the hotel RFP process and consider unconventional, out-of-the-box solutions, this is a workshop you won't want to miss.
“ACTE is thrilled to present these sessions at AIBTM 2012,” said ACTE Executive Director Ron DiLeo. “We’
AIBTM’s Education has been created to provide learning and content that is relevant for both meeting planners and suppliers. Since it is taking place before the trade show opens, everyone attending has the opportunity to take part. Continuing on Wednesday, June 20, over 30 individual sessions will be facilitated over the course of AIBTM.
For more information about ways to attend AIBTM please visit www.aibtm.com/
AIBTM takes place from June 19 –June 21, 2012.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Jodi Bragg, email@example.com, 212.871.3020 ext. 107
To register as media for AIBTM, visit: http://www.aibtm.com/
Join AIBTM on Linked in, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.
AIBTM forms part of the Reed Travel Exhibitions Meetings, Events and Business Travel Portfolio along with AIME (www.aime.com.au)
Reed Travel Exhibitions
Reed Travel Exhibitions (RTE) is the world’s leading provider of exhibitions in the travel and tourism industry. Its wide-ranging portfolio of events around the globe covers leisure travel, luxury travel, business travel and the meetings and incentives industry.
In 2011 RTE 13 events were the catalyst for £2,807 million worth of travel and tourism business deals.
The 13 events are; World Travel Market (WTM), Arabian Travel Market (ATM), International French Travel Market (IFTM), La Cumbre, International Golf Travel Market (IGTM), International Luxury Travel Market (ILTM), International Luxury Travel Market Asia (ILTMA), Asia-Pacific Incentives & Meetings Expo (AIME) (owned by Melbourne Convention + Visitors Bureau), Global Exhibition for Incentive, Business Travel, and Meetings (EIBTM), Gulf Incentive, Business Travel and Meetings (GIBTM), Americas Incentive, Business Travel and Meetings (AIBTM), China Incentive, Business Travel and Meetings (CIBTM) and Business Travel Market.
April 2013 will see RTE launch World Travel Market Latin America in São Paulo.
RTE is a business unit of Reed Exhibitions. In 2011, six million participants attended RE’s 500 events in 39 countries covering 44 industry sectors from aerospace and aviation to beauty and cosmetics to sports and recreation.
Reed Exhibitions is owned by Reed Elsevier, the world’s leading provider of professional information and online workflow solutions. View Reed Exhibitions 2012 Calendar of Events.