News By Tag
* Mom Bloggers
* More Industries...
News By Location
Ohio Mom Wins Leading Mom in Business
StartupNation.com Honors Nation’s Leading Moms in Business LaDonna Dennis, Founder of Mom Blog Society Wins Top Honors in Mom Business Competition
By: Start Up Nation
Over 350,000 votes were cast in support of the 2012 contestants, reflecting immense interest and supportiveness for moms building businesses at the same time they tend to their families.
“There’s been a sea change among moms as they’ve come to realize that adding entrepreneurship to their lives brings exhilaration and immense gratification, not to mention supplemental—
I’m overwhelmed with excitement! Thank you so much for your support! Mom Blog Society would be nothing without all of you! Thank you for your votes and encouragement!
The 2012 Leading Moms in Business ranking highlights some of the dominant trends, motivations and attributes among moms in business. They include:
• A great eye for providing attractive discounts, coupons, savings and value, all especially important to consumer moms of the recession era.
• A likelihood to come up with innovative products and solutions to address the challenging maze of motherhood. It’s an environment that demands resourcefulness.
• The attraction of being your own boss looms large for moms wanting to take control they just can’t find in a day job.
• Sustainable solutions and responsible business practices are increasingly paramount.
• Making the most of social media for business benefit is seemingly a birthright for the socially adept moms.
The full results of the 2012 Leading Moms in Business ranking are available on StartupNation’