News By Tag
News By Location
Gold Coast Flood Works According to Bible for San Diego Mold Removal and Remediation Customers
In the Bible, the Book of Leviticus describes the proper handling of mold problems. Many of the same general principles and sage biblical wisdom are used by mold removal remediation and flood restoration company Gold Coast Flood Restorations.
Joe Colombo, owner of Gold Coast Flood, answers the question, what drastic measures were employed to eliminate mold 3000 years ago? "As directed in the Bible, it seems that contaminated items were either burned or buried, or both. This is exactly what is done today to infected items including many mold infested homes and buildings," answered Colombo.
He went on to say, "Due to advances in current technology such as applied structural drying there in no longer a need destroy property as the only mold remediation method. A mold inspection pro can ascertain the type of mold and its severity then recommend an immediate course of mold removal and remediation that saves the integrity and value of the property," he concluded.
In the Bible mold is considered to be a plague. Mold is defined as a type of leprosy to a dwelling. Like mold, a plague spreads thus infecting then eventually destroying everything it comes in contact with.
The specific mention and identification of greenish or reddish colored molds in the Bible offers some proof that these particular molds were a recognized source of illness experienced by those exposed to them. Green, red and a variety of other colored molds studied today have been proven to be toxic and deadly.
Leviticus 14: (Bible verses quoted from the KJV)
33) And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying,
34) When ye be come into the land of Canaan, which I give to you for a possession, and I put the plague of leprosy in a house of the land of your possession;
35) And he that owneth the house shall come and tell the priest, saying, It seemeth to me there is as it were a plague in the house:
This is the part where a mold removal remediation expert is called in to perform a mold inspection.
36) Then the priest shall command that they empty the house, before the priest go into it to see the plague, that all that is in the house be not made unclean: and afterward the priest shall go in to see the house:
37) And he shall look on the plague, and, behold, if the plague be in the walls of the house with hollow strakes, greenish or reddish, which in sight are lower than the wall;Not that we are comparing mold inspection to a holy priesthood, but the job of a mold inspector is to evaluate, determine and confirm whether or not there "seemeth to be as it were a plague in the house".
38) Then the priest shall go out of the house to the door of the house, and shut up the house seven days:
Due to advances in current technology such as applied structural drying there in no longer a need to wait seven days. A mold inspection pro can ascertain the type of mold and its severity then recommend an immediate course of mold removal and remediation.
39) And the priest shall come again the seventh day, and shall look: and, behold, if the plague be spread in the walls of the house;
40) Then the priest shall command that they take away the stones in which the plague is, and they shall cast them into an unclean place without the city:
41) And he shall cause the house to be scraped within round about, and they shall pour out the dust that they scrape off without the city into an unclean place:
42) And they shall take other stones, and put them in the place of those stones; and he shall take other morter, and shall plaster the house.
Verses 39-42 demonstrate good mold remediation practices.
43) And if the plague come again, and break out in the house, after that he hath taken away the stones, and after he hath scraped the house, and after it is plastered;
44) Then the priest shall come and look, and, behold, if the plague be spread in the house, it is a fretting leprosy in the house: it is unclean.
45) And he shall break down the house, the stones of it, and the timber thereof, and all the morter of the house; and he shall carry them forth out of the city into an unclean place.
Sometimes extreme cases call for extreme measures such as total demolition of a dwelling or structure. In the old days this was common practice. In our modern times this is a rare occurrence due to advances in mold abatement technologies employed by Gold Coast Flood Restorations such as applied structural drying which helps ease the displacement of customers during the mold removal and remediation process.
46) Moreover he that goeth into the house all the while that it is shut up shall be unclean until the even (evening, night time).
47) And he that lieth in the house shall wash his clothes; and he that eateth in the house shall wash his clothes.
Microscopic mold spores float in the air and attach themselves to other objects such as people, food and possessions thus causing further mold infestation or re-infection.
48) And if the priest shall come in, and look upon it, and, behold, the plague hath not spread in the house, after the house was plastered: then the priest shall pronounce the house clean, because the plague is healed.
According to the Bible, once proper mold removal and remediation procedures have been completed the formerly infected areas can be inspected then be deemed safe for re-entry and habitation.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
For more information contact Joe Colombo. He is the owner of Gold Coast Flood Restorations, a San Diego mold removal and remediation company dedicated to doing things the Lord's way in San Diego, CA. Gold Coast Flood Restoration technicians are certified in Applied Structural Drying which is a high tech and very customer friendly method of mold removal and remediation. Please call their 24 Hour Toll Free Emergency Service Hotline: 888-373-9243 or visit their San Diego water damage and mold remediation company Gold Coast Flood Restorations online at http://www.goldcoastflood.com