overstockArt.com Reveals Mom’s Favorites – Top Five Oil Paintings for Mother’s Day
Monet’s Masterpiece “Poppy Field in Argenteuil” Garnered the Highest Traffic in overstockArt.com’s Mother’s Day Gallery for the Third Consecutive Year
The oil paintings that made the 2012 Mother’s Day Top 5 Oil Paintings for Mom list are:
1. “Poppy Field in Argenteuil,”
2. “Le tre eta della donna (Mother and Child),” Gustav Klimt – Mother and Child is part of Klimt’s famous oil painting Three Ages of Woman. The painting depicts an image of a mother cradling her young son. The original was created in 1905, three years after the death of Klimt’s baby son, Otto.
3. “Oriental Poppies,” Georgia O’Keeffe -This masterpiece, depicting two giant poppy flowers, features an explosion of brilliant hues of red and orange. Without any background to the painting, the focus is on the oversized detailing of the flowers.
4. “Water Lilies (pink),” Claude Monet – Brand new to the gallery, the pink rendition of Claude Monet’s famous series of paintings is already a best seller. This unique rendering of one of Monet’s most beloved paintings features vivid shades of pink, purple, blue and red.
5. “Luncheon of the Boating Party,” Pierre-Auguste Renoir – Recognized as one of the most significant paintings of the Impressionist period, Renoir’s captures an idyllic atmosphere as his friends share food, wine, and conversation on a balcony overlooking the Seine at the Maison Fournaise restaurant in Chatou. This work of art serves as an icon of an age, a place, and an ideal way of living.
More than 2,400,000 page views to overstockArt.com’
For overstockArt.com, data mining their vast amount of information grants them a unique perspective on the market. “While maternal images are understandably more popular around Mother’s Day, this year’s top five list also reflects today’s design trends which are driven by bright, bold colors and large floral patterns,” said David Sasson, CEO of overstockArt.com. “We love sharing our unique insights with the art world and our ability to forecast what people love on their wall is what enables us to offer paintings that will be cherished for years to come.”
Founded in 2002, overstockArt.com is one the web’s most successful distributors of wall décor items. With more than 100,000 wall décor combinations to choose from in stock at all times, overstockArt.com has become a premier shopping destination for fine art reproductions online. The Wichita, Kan. based online art gallery was named to Inc. Magazine’s 2010 and 2011 Inc. 5000 lists, Internet Retailer magazine’s 2012 Hot 100 list and inaugural Second 500 Guide, and was recognized with the STELLAService Seal for excellent customer service. The retailer also owns and operates Artist Become (ArtistBe.com)