News By Tag
* J2 Retail Systems
* Point Of Sale
* More Tags...
News By Location
Retailers update POS for Mobile Barcode Technology.J2 partners with Motorola to support 2D scanners.
EPoS manufacturer J2 Retail Systems has partnered with Motorola to ensure that its POS terminals can support the latest 2D scanners enabled able to read barcodes on paper labels as well as reflective surfaces such as mobile phones and computers.
Says J2’s UK Sales Director, Richard Heitmann: “Customer-
Continues Heitmann: “Increased usage of mobile barcodes offers a fantastic opportunity for J2 partners in a still relatively untapped market. J2 is looking for key partners to support the mass market breakthrough of mobile barcoding by pushing deployment of the new 2D image scanners.”
2D Barcode Applications include:
• Mobile Loyalty and Gift Cards - New mobile phone apps allow customers to convert physical loyalty cards to virtual cards stored on their phones. Gift cards can be purchased and delivered to the recipient in seconds for the ideal last-minute gift.
• Mobile Coupons - Mobile coupons are already popular with consumers and generate very high redemption rates.
• Mobile Ticketing - 2D Barcodes enable guests to buy and store tickets for concerts, films and sporting events.
• Mobile Shopping - Allows for on-the-spot electronic purchases from magazine/billboard advertising using a secure payment system.
• Opt-in Marketing Programmes - Enable highly-targeted, cost-effective campaigns. Customers can provide access to GPS data on their phones to enable retailers to send the latest offer when they are in store or in the vicinity.
• Product Packaging - Consumers scan barcodes onto their mobile phone and link to the internet for additional product info/usage/recipe information.
• Customer Self-Service - Consumers interact with a manufacturer for trouble-shooting. A mobile barcode can link to an FAQ page or an online store for spare parts/accessories.
• CRM - Once a customer has downloaded a mobile barcode, it opens up a channel of direct communication between retailer and consumer.
J2 RETAIL SYSTEMS
J2 Retail Systems is a specialist manufacturer of PC-based touchscreens, LCD touchscreen monitors and point-of-sale hardware to the retail, hospitality and leisure industries. With 100,000 units+ installed worldwide, its clients include thousands of leisure operators, leading-brand retailers and hospitality businesses. Its technology is now seen as the EPoS of choice in the cinema sector.
J2 products represent innovation, reliable performance and one of the lowest costs of EPoS ownership achievable today. The company controls its own design and manufacture and constantly looks for ways to improve the cost and quality of its user experience.
J2’s history has been one of pioneering and market ‘firsts’, including the first EPoS to contain Solid State storage drives as standard. The company now offers clients the widest choice of leading-edge touchscreen technologies available. It recently brought to market the first system to proactively monitor EPoS hardware and automate fault diagnosis and resolution before a till failure occurs.
# # #
Romain Consulting is a UK-based Marketing & Corporate Communications consultancy. Services including PR are delivered by a high-calibre, highly-experienced technology Marketer. Former Marketing Director of global group. Strategy, planning & execution. Full range of Communications & Product Marketing activities are available on a project or retained basis. Specialisms: