News By Tag
News By Location
Turn Your Earth Day Exercise Routine “Green”
Eco-Friendly Workout Tips from Miami’s Fitness Expert Janette Janero
• Volunteer for fitness. Many public beaches depend on volunteers for regular upkeep. Gardening, hiking, and walking on the beach while picking up litter are great ways to stay active and check “do a good deed” off the old to-do list. Check out the Environmental Coalition of Miami & the Beaches (www.ecomb.org)
• Fresh air does a body good. Opt to run outdoors instead of on a treadmill. Go for an actual bike ride, not a stationary one. Check out outdoor boot camps or water aerobics classes. These choices not only save electricity, but improve your balance with the environment and your community.
• Work it in the sand! Did you know that walking on the beach will increase your lower body strength? As the sand shifts beneath you as you take a step your ankles, arches, and calves are engaged and will become stronger.
• Paddle away. Paddle boarding is another great way to exercise outdoors and enjoy the beauty of nature. Not only is paddle boarding low impact, it is also an effective total body workout. The act of balancing on the board while paddling strengthens muscles in the legs, glutes, back, core, shoulders and arms. Experts can speed up to create an aerobic workout.
• Become one with nature to gain spiritual health. Connecting with the natural world is an essential link to achieving balance and complete wellness. If you have a good grip on your "self" then you can connect more soundly with the outside world. Your ability to connect with and care for with the environment around you will allow you to find value in your place in society.
About Janette Janero
Janette Janero, personal trainer and group fitness director at Florida International University and The University of Miami, is a vibrant new resource in the South Florida fitness scene. Janero brings balance and health to her students and clients through her intense education process, which incorporates both exercise technique and the practice of healthy living, combined with a hands-on approach. As a certified personal trainer and group exercise instructor, Janero teaches a variety of classes including Zumba, Spinning, Aqua Fitness, and Belly Dancing, and is also a certified holistic lifestyle coach. For more information or to schedule a personalized, in-home personal training session, visit www.janettejanero.com.
Page Updated Last on: Apr 23, 2012