Adventure Technology Gives Back to Paddling Industry with 2012 Sponsorships
For 2012, AT is ready to give back to the industry with a number of national sponsorships and donations
"The soul of Adventure Technology is in its name," said Hastings Blumer, assistant product manager for Adventure Technology. "We strive to provide the best paddle technology to those in the endless pursuit of adventure on the water. For 2012, we selected a lineup of sponsorships that reflect these values and are proud to support each of these organizations, events, expeditions, and individuals."
Adventure Technology Sponsorships for 2012:
• American Whitewater. In addition to supporting the organization’
• US Freestyle Kayaking/FIBArk (June 14-17, 2012). Heading into its 64th year, FIBArk, which stands for “First In Boating on the Arkansas,” is the nation’s oldest whitewater festival. This year, AT will support the country’s longest whitewater race by donating paddles to the FIBArk event that will be used as raffle prizes to raise money for US Freestyle Kayaking.
• Chattooga River Festival (June 22-24, 2012). Held in Adventure Technology’s backyard on the Chattooga, this is the first year of the Chattooga River Festival, which is being held to celebrate the river and encourage environmental stewardship and responsible use of its waters. This year, AT is donating a paddle as a raffle prize to benefit the festival and its mission.
• Girls at Play. Founded by Team Dagger athlete Anna Levesque, Girls at Play encourages women of all ages to get out on the water. Through kayaking, yoga and camaraderie, Girls at Play strives to inspire women and enhance their lives by making these sports feel accessible, fun, and adventurous. In addition to supporting this organization, AT will donate paddles to be used by participants.
• Kayak Bassin’ TV. Starring Wilderness Systems Pro Staff Director Chad Hoover, Kayak Bassin’ TV is the YouTube web-series in which Hoover shares tips, tricks and secrets on bass fishing with viewers. Heading into its second season, AT will continue their sponsorship of the popular online TV segments for 2012.
• Heroes on the Water. This incredible organization gets wounded, injured or disabled military personnel out on the water for a paddling adventure to remember. The program allows the participants to decompress from the stresses of combat and the physical rigors of rehabilitation while finding strength and relaxation in a kayak. For 2012, AT is donating a Fishstix paddle for the fourth annual YakAttack freshwater kayak fishing tournament raffle prize, the proceeds of which will go to Heroes on the Water.
• Tyler Bradt Touring. This year, AT donated paddles to Team Dagger member Tyler Bradt’s Sea of Cortez expedition, which covered about 400 miles of ocean over 25 days.
For updates throughout the season, check out: www.ATPaddle.com/
About Adventure Technology:
In 1993, an idea for the first, whitewater-specific, ergonomic paddle was born. That idea grew into Adventure Technology (AT), a paddle maker who doesn’t seek to “balance” adventure with technology, but rather seeks to push both concepts to the outer limits. AT now delivers premium whitewater and touring paddles known for excellence in design, craftsmanship and innovation. In 2009, AT joined the rest of the Confluence Watersports family in Easley, S.C., to continue its legacy of dedicated research and development, all in the name of a good adventure. www.atpaddle.com
Adventure Technology · Wave Sport · Perception · Dagger · Wilderness Systems · Mad River Canoe · Harmony · Bomber Gear