News By Tag
News By Location
An Ethics Code: Got One? Need One?
SHRM-Memphis Career Emphasis Group on Ethics will meet April 24th from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM for a Dutch Treat Lunch at TreeTops Cafe inside International Paper Company, 6400 Poplar Ave, Tower 3, Room #100, Memphis, TN. The public is invited.
The Ethics Council was formed in 2010 as a Career Emphasis Group (CEG) under the Society for Human Resource Management - Memphis Chapter. The Ethics Council meets once a quarter and meetings are open to all businesses, industries, professions and individuals.Ethics Council Goals:
· To help ensure that businesses keep Ethics in the forefront of everything they do.
· To foster a belief that Ethics is larger than the Law and begins with the decision making process.
· To encourage discussion and open the avenues of communication among the business community, the academic community, individuals and government.
· To promote Transparency, Accountability, Integrity, Character, and Responsibility.
Upcoming 2012 Ethics Council Meetings:
· You’ve Got a "Code" - Now What?
o August 28, 4:30pm, location TBA
· Ethics & Politics?!?
o October 23, 7:30am, location TBA
RSVP to email@example.com by noon on April 20. Limited Seating.
# # #
SHRM-Memphis is an affiliate of the Society for Human Resource Management, SHRM-Memphis currently consists of nearly 900 professional specialists, generalists, business partners and executives representing the broad spectrum of the HR career including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, employee relations, employment/recruitment, human resource information systems, training and organizational development. Our members come from a wide variety of industries and employers in the Memphis area.