News By Tag
* Dental Services
* Tooth Whitening
* Teeth Whitening
* Opalescence tooth whitening
* Tooth Bleaching Instructions
* More Tags...
News By Location
Dentists Offering Professional Tooth Whitening Services in Grants Pass, Oregon
If you're looking for professional tooth whitening services in the Grants Pass or Southern Oregon areas, Johnston Dental Care uses the Opalescence Tooth Whitening Systems as their preferred choice in professional tooth whitening systems.
Many factors, including dietary habits (drinking coffee, tea, soda, and red wine) and certain medications, affect the whiteness of your smile. Tooth whitening is an affordable and effective way to combat common causes of tooth discoloration, while boosting your self-confidence and improving your appearance.
Opalescence offers a diverse menu of products to brighten your smile. With take home, on-the-go, and in-office options, Opalescence Tooth Whitening Systems accommodate all lifestyles and budgets. Prescription-
1. You should only use 1/3 to 1/2 of a syringe per application. Place a drop of tooth whitening bleach into each tooth area that you want to bleach in your custom tray. Generally, you do not need to bleach your back teeth.
2. After brushing your teeth, insert the tray. Using your fingers, gently push up on the tray to get a secure fit all around. Use a moistened washcloth or a Q-tip to remove excess bleach that may come out of the top. Bleach may irritate gums of not wiped off.
3. The strength of your bleach will help determine how long you should wear your custom trays.
• 10%-15% - 2 to 4 hours, can be worn 1 hour, 2 times daily.
• 20% - 1-2 hours, can be worn 1 hour, 2 times daily.
• 35% - 30 minutes to start up to 1 hour daily, great for touch ups.
4. Remove tray from mouth. Remove excess bleach with clean finger or toothbrush. Rinse twice, do not swallow - just rinse.
Average Whitening Time:
1. Younger patients with lighter teeth will bleach faster, 4-7 nights
2. Darker teeth may take 7-14 days, possibly longer.
3. Sensitivity is temporary. If you experience more than normal sensitivity, discontinue for 1 to 2 days if sensitivity becomes intense.
4. Please call Johnston Dental Care at 541-479-6623 if you have any questions or concerns.
# # #
Johnston Dental Care of Grants Pass, Oregon is committed to providing excellent dentistry in a friendly, gentle, professional atmosphere. Please, feel free to take some time on our website to meet our family. As a team we strive to provide service that exceeds your expectations. We look forward to a long-lasting relationship with you and those you refer to our care. If you have any questions, just give us a call or use our online contact form. We believe that together we can create healthy, beautiful smiles.