News By Tag
News By Location
APAC: South Asia Mobile Summit
Overcoming regional challenges and ensuring sustained growth of the South Asian telecommunications industry. South Asia mobile forum will host all Telecom operators, Investors, Government officials and solutions providers from APAC region.
Mobile operators, wireless broadband and internet service providers are looking to optimise and improve their networks, enhance spectrum efficiency and robustness and introduce rural services and Value Added Services (VAS) to maximise profits and ensure customer loyalty. They are also seeking to develop strategies for increasing data usage on Next Generation Networks (NGN) by making smartphone handsets affordable and widely available.
Telecommunications in South Asia is one of the fastest growing markets world-wide, with some stunning statistics:
• Teledensity currently stands at 75.48% in India, 69.9% in Pakistan, 76.4% in Bangladesh, and above 90% in Sri Lanka
• The wireless subscription base in India is rising at a rate of 2.57% Quarter-on-Quarter
• The wireline subscription base is falling at a rate of 2.86% Quarter-on-Quarter
Rural teledensity remains low in the region as compared to urban teledensity and there is added pressure on the regulatory authorities to make mobile and broadband services available to people residing in the remotest areas at the cheapest rates possible. This requires the authorities to be pro-active in developing policies conducive to growth and which will promote financial inclusion.
All these critical issues will be discussed at the South Asia Mobile Summit. Organised by IQPC and the South Asia Mobile Forum, this is a regional summit that last ran in Bangladesh and has been developed with telecommunication professionals from South Asia to review the latest trends and new technologies.
Benefits of attending:
• Learn about new initiatives and projects to develop a deep understanding of the South Asian telecommunications industry
• Hear from local and international experts to acquire knowledge of the latest projects and policy initiatives to promote growth and attract investment
• Understand regulatory aspects for market competitiveness and international best practices to ensure you are up to date with industry requirements
• Gain insights into planning, project management and tactical execution to improve network quality and sustainability while optimising operations and reducing costs
• Meet with senior government officials, regulators and international telecom industry professionals to expand and improve your business connections
Who is attending and who will I meet?
This forum will provide a unique opportunity to meet and hear from senior regional and international figures spanning
• Ministries of Communications, Telecommunications, Information Technology: Union Minister, Minister of State, Member, Secretary, Jt. Secretary
• Regulatory authorities:
• Mobile operators: President, Chairman, Managing Director, Director, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Technology Officer, Chief Information Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Executive Vice President, Head of Networks, Head of Regulatory Policy, Head of Internet, Head of VAS, Head - New Age VAS, Head of 3G, Head of LTE, Head of Voice Business, Head of Planning, Head of Operations, Head of Wireless Services, Head - IT Infrastructure & Security, Head Data Services
• Internet and wireless broadband service providers: Chief Executive Officer, Chief Technology Officer, Chief Information Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Head of Networks, Head of Regulatory Policy, Head of Internet, Head of VAS, Head of Planning, Head of Operations
For speaking opportunities contact:
For Bespoke sponsorship opportunities contact: