News By Tag
News By Location
World Choir Games tickets now on sale
Tickets to 2012 World Choir Games are now on sale. Event gives travelers access to music and culture from some 48 countries.
Tickets for the 2012 World Choir Games are now available for purchase, giving visitors a front row seat to the world's largest international choral competition as it comes to the United States for the first time. The 2012 World Choir Games are slated for July 4-14 in Cincinnati USA. To date, 367 choirs from nearly 50 countries, including 25 U.S. states have registered to participate.
The following tickets are available for purchase:
• The Opening Ceremony (July 4), presented by Procter & Gamble, will feature the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra and May Festival Chorus. Ticket prices start at $25 and peak at $150.
• Closing Ceremony (July 14) tickets are $20-$50.
• Celebration Concerts themed shows featuring some of the best choirs in the world, are on sale for $28-$42.
• Champions Concert tickets sell for $35-60.
• Awards Ceremony tickets are $15 and $20.
• Competition tickets are available in One-day ($15) and Three-day ($40) Flex Passes, which allow ticketholders entry into all venues as seating is available. One-day Flex Passes are available for July 5, 6, 7, 11, 12 and 13. Three-day Passes are available for July 5-7 and July 11-13.
Tickets may be purchased at http://www.2012worldchoirgames.com/
Given the complexity of assigning choir competition times and venues and the fact that choir registrations are still being processed, final performance and competition schedules will be available within a few weeks. The Games feature 23 musical competition categories, ranging from jazz and show choir to gospel and folklore, which will be performed over six days (three each week). In addition to online ticketing, travelers can purchase tickets at the U.S. Bank Arena Box Office, Ticketmaster.com, (800) 745-3000 and Ticketmaster locations, including select Kroger stores. Groups of 30 or more, can purchase group tickets by contacting Sara Blevins, (513) 421-1302 or email@example.com.
ABOUT THE WORLD CHOIR GAMES:
The World Choir Games is the largest international choral competition in the world, taking place every two years. The World Choir Games is the signature event of INTERKULTUR, a Germany-based organization that produces elite international choral events all over the world. Cincinnati USA was selected as the first U.S. city to host the World Choir Games. The 2012 Games are expected to bring 20,000 participants and tens of thousands of visitors from more than 70 countries, and will be Cincinnati USA's largest international arts event ever with an economic impact of $73.5 million. Proctor & Gamble is a Presenting Sponsor.
INTERKULTUR, based in Pohlheim, Germany, has ties to 120,000 choirs made up of 4.8 million choral singers around the world. In more than 20 years since INTERKULTUR was established, more than 5,600 choirs and 250,000 singers from 100 nations have taken part in the World Choir Games and INTERKULTUR's regional choir competitions.
For more information about the 2012 World Choir Games: