News By Tag
* British Columbia
* More Tags...
News By Place
The Institute for Global Ethics Receives Grant from The Park Foundation
The Institute for Global Ethics is pleased to announce a grant award from the PARK FOUNDATION, for the development of a Web-based program, Courage in Parenting™.
1) Knowing What’s Right: the role of shared values in separating right from wrong;
2) Making Tough Choices: analyzing and resolving dilemmas when both sides are right; and
3) Standing for Conscience: the courage to take action when values are put to the test.
“Here at the Institute, when we ask our friends and supporters, ’What can we do to make the world a more ethical place?’—their responses often include ‘a more ethical generation of future leaders’,”
A central resource for the Courage in Parenting™ program will be author Dr. Rushworth M. Kidder’s 2010 book, Good Kids Tough Choices: How Parents Can Help Their Children Do the Right Thing (JosseyBass)
To address the needs of today’s parents, the program will provide participants with enhanced:
• Confidence in their ability to raise children of character, to articulate why ethics is so important, and to engage in deep qcpkw and satisfying conversations about questions of character, integrity, and morality with the next generation.
• Insights into age-appropriate patterns of thought, conceptual frameworks, and vivid examples that help kids see the importance of rejecting the wrong, valuing the right, making good choices, and standing for conscience.
• Practices that help parents spot the question behind the question, frame the issue at hand in ethical terms, and begin dialogues in ways that kids find relevant and current rather than preachy or “old-fashioned.”
The Institute will be providing updates as this exciting new tool is developed and more information becomes available.
About the IGE
Founded in 1990, with offices in Rockport, Maine, New York City and London, the Institute for Global Ethics (www.globalethics.org)