News By Tag
* Corpus Christi Medical Center
* Doctors Regional
* Bay Area
* Chest pain center
* More Tags...
News By Location
Corpus Christi Medical Center Receives Chest Pain Center Accreditation
Corpus Christi Medical Center – Doctors Regional and Bay Area hospitals have been granted designation of Accredited Chest Pain Centers.
Heart attacks are the leading cause of death in the United States, with 600,000 people dying annually of heart disease. More than five million Americans visit hospitals each year with chest pain. SCPC’s goal is to significantly reduce the mortality rate of these patients by teaching the public to recognize and react to the early symptoms of a possible heart attack, reduce the time that it takes to receive treatment, and increase the accuracy and effectiveness of treatment.
“As a nationally recognized Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital, Corpus Christi Medical Center continues to set the bar in heart care. The accreditation of Chest Pain Centers at Doctors Regional and Bay Area is due to the hospitals’ outstanding team of physicians and medical professionals;
Both the Corpus Christi Medical Center – Doctors Regional and Bay Area hospitals (with PCI) have demonstrated expertise and commitment to quality patient care by meeting or exceeding a wide set of stringent criteria and undergoing an onsite review by a team of SPCP’s accreditation review specialists. Key areas in which an Accredited Chest Pain Center must demonstrate expertise include the following:
• Integrating the emergency department with the local emergency medical system
• Assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients quickly
• Effectively treating patients with low risk for acute coronary syndrome and no assignable cause for their symptoms
• Continually seeking to improve processes and procedures
• Ensuring the competence and training of Accredited Chest Pain Center personnel
• Maintaining organizational structure and commitment
• Having a functional design that promotes optimal patient care
• Supporting community outreach programs that educate the public to promptly seek medical care if they display symptoms of a possible heart attack
# # #
Corpus Christi Medical Center is nationally recognized as a Top 100 and Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital by Thomson Reuters. Committed to the care and improvement of human life, Corpus Christi Medical Center has been a growing part of South Texas since 1962. What began as a 26-bed facility in the early 60s has grown into a 651-bed system offering a full range of health care services with outstanding clinical care, superior technological care and comforting and reassuring personal care. Corpus Christi Medical Center includes four hospitals: Doctors Regional, Bay Area, The Heart Hospital, Northwest and Bayview Behavioral Hospital. Visit www.ccmedicalcenter.com .