News By Tag
* U S
* U.S. International Pavilion
* Copper Mining
* More Tags...
News By Location
More than 120 US companies to exhibit at EXPOMIN 2012 mining tradeshow in Chile
Latin America’s largest mining fair to include technology, quality and innovation from companies from throughout the United States
Chile is by far the world’s leader in copper mining; the local import market exceeds US$1 billion/year and is expected to grow or at least remain at current levels. The U.S. has a strong presence in the Chilean market for mining equipment and services and has maintained the largest single country market share for many years.
Expomin 2012 has been selected as a U.S. Commercial Service Trade Fair Certification Program.
The Hon. Alejandro Wolff, U.S. Ambassador to Chile, is the scheduled Guest of Honor at the official Opening Ceremony of the U.S. International Pavilion. The event is timed to coincide with Expomin’s Official VIP Entourage Show Tour, at approximately 1100 hrs on Monday, 9 April. Following the ribbon cutting, the ambassador will be escorted on a tour of the U.S. International Pavilion.
“Expomin 2012 highlights the significant export opportunities in the mining industry, particularly for those companies that bring cost reduction, improved productivity and more efficient and cleaner processes,” said Tom Kallman, president and CEO of Kallman Worldwide, U.S. agents and organizers of the U.S. International Pavilion at Expomin.
“Latin America, and especially Chile, has evolved to be one of the most desirable regions in the world with which to trade. It is an ideal situation for our exhibitors.”
Click here for The Official Guide to U.S. Exhibitors
Products and services that will be showcased in the U.S. Pavilion include:
• ASD Inc. (Boulder, CO #515-2) makers of analytical instrumentation for mining, announced the TerraSpec 4 line of portable mineral analyzers for optimization of mining production and mineral exploration. Used extensively by exploration mineralogists in South America, the new TerraSpec 4 line uses near infrared technology to produce higher quality spectra. It can identify critical indicator minerals, problem gangue minerals such as swelling clays, and quantifies other important metallurgical properties. Improvements include better resolution of samples with darker minerals, easier differentiation of clays and overall higher quality spectra. http://www.asdi.com/
• Conexo (Acworth, GA #417-2) offers Rewitec nanocoating, which reverts the destructive process of mechanical assets and protects against wear. The simple, onsite process protects equipment for better performance and efficiency in the mining, energy, transportation and other heavy industries. Less friction provides better productivity and lowered maintenance and energy costs to achieve better bottom line results as a result of stronger equipment components. CONEXO aims to provide immediate return on investment to customers implementing our technologies. http://conexoinc.com
•Paramount Gruas S.A. (Santiago, Chile #806-2) is the exclusive distributor of Link-Belt cranes in Chile and Argentina since January 2011. They offer new cranes in stock for sale from their yards in Antofagasta and Zonamerica, and they also rent cranes. They offer specialized technical service throughout Chile and Argentina. They also sell parts, and provide complete import services. www.paramountgruas.com
•Precision Pulley & Idler (Pella, IA #300-2) is introducing its PPI ProDuty Drum Pulley, which brings turbine technology to conventional style drums. By using a solid one-piece end disc with the hub machined into it rather than welded in, PPI has removed the most common failure point in drum pulleys. The result is a longer lasting, more reliable pulley. PPI’s technical expertise complements its broad product line for heavy mining conveyor components that includes Turbine pulleys, Hydraulic Take-Up Frames, CEMA E and F idlers and SAF pillow block bearings. www.ppipella.com.
•TPC Wire & Cable Corp. (Independence, OH #917-2), the global supplier of wire, cable and connectors used in harsh industrial environments, is announcing that effective March 22, 2012, H. Briones Electrical Systems (HB) has become its preferred distributor in Santiago, Chile (and TPC’s third international distributor)
Companies previously featured:
• Elliott Equipment Company (Omaha, NE) will be launching the promotion of its award-winning HiReach truck-mounted aerial work platform and its BoomTruck crane product lines to South and Latin American dealers and customers. The machines are multifunctional and can be equipped with a wide range of features to increase productivity. Optional accessories including full hydraulic aerial control systems and overhead sun shades, which aim to improve performance and comfort in mining applications. The products are used to service mining machinery, install lighting systems, move materials, and work alongside the mine face for placing explosives and performing inspections. www.elliottequip.com
• Geometrica (Cypress, TX) provides metal domes to cover the largest stockpiles of bulk materials used in the mining industry. Geometrica's maintenance-
• IEEE (Piscataway, NJ), The Institute of Electric and Electronic Engineers, will be providing online access to IEEE publications, journals and conferences so users can keep current with the most relevant information on technology. IEEE provides a wide range of publications and standards to make the exchange of technical knowledge and information possible among technology professionals. www.ieee.org
• Soltex will be launching three new lines during the show: Tyco Supavac (fixed and mobile pumping systems for high viscosity semisolids), Philadelphia Mixers (mixing solutions and agitators), and Emerson Control Techniques (AC and DC drives). Soltex imports, represents and supplies solutions and equipment for the fluid handling, automation process control industries, including pumps, valves, actuators, instruments, control, gas and process equipment. www.soltex.cl
• Philadelphia Mixing Solutions, Ltd. (Palmyra, PA) supplies process mixing solutions to the global minerals industry. Offerings include agitation equipment designed and manufactured for the industry’s process tasks including pressure hydrometallurgical processes, atmospheric leach applications, solvent extraction, crystallizers and various reactor duties. The company’s 30,000 square foot laboratory is located in Palmyra, PA, where testing is continuously conducted to optimize process designs for scale up purposes and process improvement studies. www.philamixers.com
• TEI Rock Drills (Montrose, CO) has been awarded an international patent on its hydraulic drifters. The technology, which makes the equipment more operator-friendly, prevents full power until there is full down pressure on the drifter. Benefits include lower parts usage from free oscillation of the hammer. The drifter works best in broken and fractured ground. www.teirockdrills.com