News By Tag
* Health And Safety
* Competency Evaluation
* Cdm Coordinator
* More Tags...
News By Place
CQMS Ltd joins the SSIP (Safety Schemes In Procurement) Forum
“CQMS Ltd are pleased to announce that we have become a Registered Member of the Safety Schemes In Procurement Forum*” (www.ssip.org.uk) says Wayne Eaton from CQMS, a leading health and safety consultancy in the UK.
“CQMS have been providing competency evaluation services since 2001 and are delighted our evaluations are now recognised as an equivalent to a CHAS, SMAS or other SSIP evaluation. This move further strengthens our commitment to reducing the burden and bureaucracy of health and safety compliance paperwork.”
CQMS’ Safety-Scheme is fully accredited with the SSIP and provides benefits to both clients and suppliers including:
SUPPLIERS: i.e. Contractors, Consultants
• Flat rate fee for certification:
Contractor: £85.00 +VAT (0-5 employees), £100.00 +VAT (5+ employees)
Principal Contractor: £100.00 +VAT (0-5 employees), £100.00 +VAT (5+ employees)
Designer: £85.00 +VAT (0-5 employees), £100.00 +VAT (5+ employees)
Consultant: £85.00 +VAT (0-5 employees), £100.00 +VAT (5+ employees)
• Fast and straightforward application process; CQMS’ assessors will guide you through the process and provide guidance notes and telephone support.
• Visibility to CQMS Clients 24/7 via the online CQMS database.
• Inclusion of your company details via the national SSIP portal.
• A free copy of the CQMS Safety-Scheme certificate.
• Free use of the CQMS Safety-Scheme logo for the duration of your certification.
• Pre-qualification by a member of the SSIP Forum means that you are being assessed to a recognised Stage 1 standard. This standard is recognised by the HSE and accreditation schemes that have quality assurance processes. In short, you and your clients can have confidence in the credibility of pre-qualification assessment by an SSIP Forum member.
• Mutual recognition of other SSIP schemes i.e. CHAS, NHBC & SMAS amongst others reducing the paperwork burden through the ‘deem to satisfy’ agreement for CDM Stage 1 pre-qualification.
• Clients have a key responsibility, which they share with their suppliers, for the health and safety of everyone who works at their premises. This means that Clients must make sure that any suppliers they appoint are competent to do their work. Clients can be assured that suppliers who have been assessed and accredited by an SSIP Forum member have achieved the initial threshold of competence to provide specific services.
• 24/7 web based access to approved supplier lists.
• The HSE support of the SSIP Forum and recognition of its assessment criteria.
• Time and cost savings by using pre-qualified suppliers.
• Outsourcing the burden and responsibility**
* The SSIP Forum will:
• act as an umbrella organisation to facilitate mutual recognition between health and safety pre-qualification schemes wherever it is practicable to do so,
• actively advise and influence clients about acceptable interpretation and appropriateness of health and safety competence standards in UK schemes,
• embrace the core guidance on competence and training in the Approved Code of Practice (ACoP) of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007.
**CQMS’ Assessors are fully qualified and competent assessors holding the following as a minimum:
• NEBOSH General Certificate;
• IRCA Assessor Training; and
“CQMS look forward to working alongside both clients and suppliers to simplify compliance with health and safety legislation and supply chain management. ”
CQMS have vast experience undertaking competency evaluations;
# # #
We can offer affordable and focused marketing solutions for your company. We can work as an extension to your existing marketing team, or on a consultancy / project-by-project basis.
Visit www.tailoredmarketingsolutions.com for more information.
Page Updated Last on: Apr 04, 2012