News By Tag
* More Tags...
News By Location
Market Report, "The Future of Offshore Wind Power Generation", published
New Energy research report from Business Insights is now available from Fast Market Research
* Realize up to date competitive intelligence through a comprehensive review of offshore wind power generation technologies concepts.
* Assess the emerging trends in offshore wind power generation technologies.
* Identify which key trends will offer the greatest growth potential and learn which technology trends are likely to allow greater market impact.
* Compare how manufacturers are developing offshore wind power generation technologies.
* Quantify costs of offshore wind power generation technologies, with comparisons against forms of power, installation costs, and cost of electricity.
Full Report Details at
In Europe, by the middle of 2011, there were 1,247 offshore wind turbines across nine countries, 49 wind farms with an aggregate capacity of 3,294MW. Based on satellite data, offshore wind energy could provide up to 15% of global energy demand.
Today most wind farms are built in water depths or around 25m or less and few exceed 50m. Regions of highest wind energy can potentially provide between 500W/m2 and 800W/m2.
Overall unconstrained wind energy potential in Europe including both onshore and offshore was 70,000TWh, more than 20 times the expected energy demand in 2020. Of this, 25,000TWh was is offshore.
Reasons to Get this Report
* What are the drivers shaping and influencing offshore wind power generation technology development in the electricity industry?
* What does offshore wind power generation cost? What will it cost in the future?
* Which offshore wind power generation technology types will be the winners and which the losers in terms power generated, cost and viability?
* Which offshore wind power generation technology types are likely to find favor with manufacturers moving forward?
* Which emerging technologies are gaining in popularity and why?
Companies Mentioned in this Report: ALSTOM, American Superconductor Corporation, AREVA SA, Arup Group Ltd, Banco Santander, S.A., Gamesa Corporacion Tecnologica SA, Hutchison 3G UK Limited, KPMG International, Kruger Inc., Pearson plc, Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS), Publicis Groupe SA, Royal KPN N.V., Siemens Aktiengesellschaft, Unit 4 N.V.
Partial Table of Contents:
- An introduction to offshore wind power generation
- The offshore wind resource
- Offshore wind technology
- Getting the power ashore
- Environmental, legislative and political issues
- The cost of offshore wind power
- The future of offshore wind power
An introduction to offshore wind power
- An introduction to offshore wind power
- Offshore wind history
- The structure of the report
The offshore wind resource
- Global offshore potential
- Regional offshore wind potential
Offshore wind technology
- Typical offshore wind turbine
- Turbine size
- Turbine development
- Drive trains and nacelles
- Foundations and underwater structures
- Alternative floating wind turbine options
- Array issues
- Construction infrastructure development
- Reliability and condition monitoring
- The supply chain
- Offshore wind costs
Getting the power ashore
- The grid problem
- The farm-by-farm solution
- Financing offshore transmission links
- Offshore grids
- The shape of the North Sea supergrid
- Supergrid components and technical requirements
- Extension of the North Sea supergrid
Environmental, legislative and political issues
- The environmental impact of offshore wind farms
- Construction and sea bed effects
- Human impact
- Impact on marine and other animal life
- Shipping and fishing
- Health and safety issues
- Financial support for offshore wind farm construction
- Offshore wind farm regulatory issues
- The offshore grid: funding and regulatory issues
The cost of offshore wind power
- Capital cost breakdown
- Capital costs
- The levelized cost of electricity
- Supergrid costs
The future of offshore wind power
- The capital cost of power generation technologies
- Levelized cost comparisons
- Offshore wind capacity growth potential
- The future of offshore wind power
- Table: Annual offshore wind capacity (MW), 2011
- Table: European offshore wind potential (TWh), 2009
- Table: European offshore wind potential by country, 2011
- Table: US offshore wind energy potential (GW), 2011
- Table: US offshore wind potential by region and sea depth (GW), 2009
- Table: China, offshore wind potential (TWh/y), 2010
- Table: Japanese offshore wind potential (GW), 2010
- Table: Average wind turbine size, including onshore and offshore, by year (kW), 2011
- Table: Average size of offshore wind turbines, by year (kW), 2011
- Table: Current and future offshore wind turbine parameters, 2011
- Table: Advanced turbine developments, 2011
- Table: Types of offshore foundation and platform, 2011
- Table: Offshore wind turbine manufacturers, 2011
- Table: Lifetime cost breakdown for typical offshore wind project (%), 2011
- Table: Offshore wind farm connection technologies, 2011
- Table: Cost allocation schemes for offshore wind transmission, 2011
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About Business Insights
Business Insights appreciate the importance of accurate, up-to-date incisive market and company analysis and their aim therefore is to provide a single, off-the-shelf, objective source of data, analysis and market insight. Business Insights work in association with leading industry experts to produce a range of reports across a wide range of industry sectors. By working in association with so many experts they are able to provide clients with more incisive market analysis specific to the client's industry sector. No other market analysis company provides such focused and trusted market analysis, across such a wide range of industry sectors. View more research from Business Insights at http://www.fastmr.com/
# # #
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.