News By Tag
* Spring Soccer
* Protective Apparel
* PORON XRD
* Storelli Sports
* Soccer Apparel
* Soccer Gear
* More Tags...
News By Place
Gearing up for Spring Soccer - Expert Shares Tips on Selecting the Latest Soccer Apparel
Claudio Storelli of Storelli Sports shares the latest trends in soccer apparel and how to keep your kids safe while still looking cool on the field.
While many in the U.S. associate soccer with a fall-team sport, its popularity among the nation’s youth along with the increase in indoor fields, has turned it into a year-round game. According to a 2008 sports participation trend report from Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association, SGMA, there are 15 million soccer players in the US making it the third most popular sport in the country.
“With the millions of kids playing in thousands of leagues, safety on the field has become increasingly more important,” said Claudio Storelli, Co-Founder, Storelli Sports, manufacturers of high-performance protective apparel for soccer.
“The trick to helping kids stay safe on the field is to provide them with soccer gear that looks so cool they want to wear it. And the better we protect these fearless little warriors with gear they want to wear, the more their parents can sleep at night,” Storelli added. “It’
Advanced materials, such as PORON® XRD™ Extreme Impact Protection, make it easier for designers to incorporate strategically placed protection while maintaining sleek, edgy and easy to move in garments that are needed in active sports apparel. While soft and flexible to the touch, PORON XRD foam instantly forms a comfortable, protective shell on impact, while providing reliable and long-lasting protection. It is also embedded with Microban® anti-microbial protection, which helps fight against bacteria, mold and mildew that can cause stains and odors commonly found in gloves and compression undergear.
When choosing the protective soccer gear for your child, Storelli offers the following tips.
• Lower Leg Protection – To protect against kicks and scrapes on the lower leg, look for a leg guard made of moisture-wicking compression fabric that offers a concealed pocket for a shin guard, and advanced impact protection on the outside side of calf.
• Upper Leg and Hip Protection – Look for sliding shorts, designed to worn under soccer shorts, that are made with moisture-wicking compression material and strategically placed protection along the outside of the thigh and hip.
• Knee and thigh protection–For goal keepers fighting to keep the opponent’s ball out of the net, select a sleek looking ¾ pant that allows for freedom of movement while providing maximum protection at the knee, upper thigh and hip area.
• Chest Protection– To protect goalies from saving balls on the chest, and field players from being hit from the side in the ribs, look for a protective undershirt made with moisture-wicking compression material and impact protection at chest and near the ribs.
• Hand Protection – Primarily a concern for goal keepers, look for an anatomically optimized glove that fits like a second skin that also provides excellent impact absorption from smacking balls, and a tacky grip for catching and throwing.
The protective gear listed above may also help reduce lower ball rebound for better ball control.
“Parents can buy all the protective equipment for their kids, but if it doesn’t have the cool-factor, it will end up stashed in the back of the closet,” said Storelli. “And that’s not the way to keep your kid in the game.”
For more information on Storelli Sports, visit http://www.storelli.com.. For more information on PORON® Performance Cushioning and PORON® XRD™ Protection, visit http://www.poroncushioning.com and http://www.poronxrd.com.
# # #
About PORON® Cushioning
For over 40 years PORON® Cushioning has provided footwear, apparel, and protective equipment brands with a material that supports, protects, comforts, and most importantly, helps athletes stay in the game. PORON Cushioning products are durable yet flexible, so they will not wear or break down like other cushioning products. So, whether you need an insole that will last your next 50K or searching for a new helmet for the start of little league, look for the PORON Cushioning brand to insure you're buying the best in quality and advanced technology.