News By Tag
* More Tags...
News By Place
The Future of Distributed Generation
Fast Market Research recommends "The Future of Distributed Generation" from Datamonitor, now available
* Realize up to date competitive intelligence through a comprehensive review of distributed generation technologies concepts.
* Assess the emerging trends in distributed generation technologies.
* Identify which key trends will offer the greatest growth potential and learn which technology trends are likely to allow greater market impact.
* Compare how manufacturers are developing distributed generation technologies.
* Quantify costs of distributed generation technologies, with comparisons against forms of power, installation costs, and cost of electricity.
Full Report Details at
A 13.7MW aeroderivative gas turbine with an electrical output efficiency of 34.9% will show an overall efficiency of 77.6% in a CHP configuration whereas an 11.3MW industrial turbine with a simple cycle efficiency of 29.8% can achieve 80.5% in the CHP configuration.
A 300kW gas engine in a combined heat and power system for a commercial building costs around $2,000/kW. Meanwhile the cost of a cogeneration system for a waste treatment plant is around $2,350/kW - $4,250/kW depending on the size and number of engines.
SOFC units can achieve practical efficiencies of 50%, somewhat lower than the theoretical efficiency of around 60%. However the extremely high operating temperature means that waste heat from the cell can be used to drive an auxiliary gas turbine, pushing theoretical efficiency to 70%.
Reasons to Get this Report:
* What are the drivers shaping and influencing distributed generation development in the electricity industry?
* What does distributed generation cost? What will it cost in the future?
* Which distributed generation technology types will be the winners and which the losers in terms of power generated, cost, and viability?
* Which distributed generation technology types are likely to find favor with manufacturers moving forward?
* Which emerging technologies are gaining in popularity and why?
Partial Table of Contents:
* In this month's MarketWatch
* News in brief
NEW FOOD REVIEW
* New product review: nutritionally enhanced broccoli emerges as new "super superfood"
* Cakes and pastries, December 2010 to November 2011: top flavors in new products in Asia Pacific
* New food launches by category, September to November 2011: yogurt livens up in South and Central America
* Product claims: new food launches in Europe, September to November 2011
* Company strategy
* Stevia Corp enters into cooperative agreement in Vietnam
* FrieslandCampina and Hurks begin construction of new innovation center
* Andersons appoints new COO
* Dunkin' Donuts opens new restaurant in China
* ADM-Benson Quinn and UFC to build and operate grain elevator in Brownton
* Wendy's opens first joint venture restaurant in Japan
* Pizza Inn appoints new CFO
* Cargill to invest $20 million to modernize soybean crushing plant
* Nestle to set up coffee demonstration farm in India
* Smashburger partners with QSR to expand footprint into Latin America
* Campbell appoints president of North American operations
* Sara Lee appoints CEO of North American retail and foodservice business
* Ark Restaurants' president and COO to retire
* Nestle opens new factory in Turkey
* Just-Eat appoints new chairman
* SaltWorks opens new gourmet salt factory
* J Sainsbury Q3 like-for-like sales increase
* Financial results
* Sorbic annual income decreases
* Sanford yearly profit down
* ConAgra Foods reports lower Q2 net income, provides outlook for fiscal 2012
* General Mills reports lower Q2 net income, provides guidance for fiscal 2012
* Cargill Q2 earnings decrease 88%
* Marks & Spencer Q3 like-for-like sales up in UK
COMPANY SPOTLIGHT: KRAFT FOODS, INC.
* Kraft Foods and SodaStream enter into strategic partnership
* Business description
* SWOT analysis
* Further reading
* On-trend Foodservice Concepts
* Private Label Evolution in Australia
* Successes and Failures in Consumer Packaged Goods Innovation and Marketing in 2011
* The Future of Candy: Trends & Innovations to Lead Confectionery into a Profitable New Decade
* What Does Today's Data Say About Tomorrow's Weight Management Market?
* Organics in Australia
* Shopper Insights in India
* Ask the analyst
* Table: Top claims in new food launches in Europe, September to November 2011, and growth compared to September to November 2010
* Table: Key facts
* Table: SWOT analysis
* Figure: Apio Eat Smart Beneforte Broccoli
* Figure: Baby Leaf Mixed Leaves
* Figure: Le Naturelle Eggy Mousse for Omelets, Pancakes, and Scrambled Eggs
* Figure: Monini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* Figure: Royal Selection Belberry Delice Fromage & Fruit Jam - Rhubarb & Muscat Wine, Apricot & Cumin, Fig & Black Pepper, Raspberry & Star Anise
* Figure: Glico Banana Boys Lactic Ice - Choco Banana Mocha
Full Table of Contents is available at:
The Datamonitor Group is a world-leading provider of premium global business information, delivering independent data, analysis and opinion across the Automotive, Consumer Markets, Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Logistics & Express, Pharmaceutical & Healthcare, Retail, Technology and Telecoms industries. Datamonitor's market intelligence products and services ensure that you will achieve your desired commercial goals by giving you the insight you need to best respond to your competitive environment. View more research from Datamonitor at http://www.fastmr.com/
# # #
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.