News By Tag
* Aging In Place
* Transportation for Seniors
* In Home Care
* Senior Living
* Beacon Hill Village
* More Tags...
* More Industries...
News By Location
Innovative Forum Will Explore Ways to Get Around Reston, Virginia without a Car
Resident of the world-renowned planned community meet to learn and discuss how to be less reliant on their cars to make connections.
Steve Gurney, Project Manager of the Reston for a Lifetime Project, says the forum will provide answers for people who:
• limit or avoid driving altogether for health, safety or financial reasons.
• want to explore green and healthy ways to get around Reston and beyond.
• want to help others get around as a volunteer driver or public transit ambassador.
• need help getting their kids to jobs, school, and recreation.
The program will include presentations by and about local residents, including Supervisor Cathy Hudgins, who successfully gets around Reston and beyond by walking, biking, public transportation, ride-sharing and other creative ways.
Organizations that provide transportation will be there demonstrating services and sharing information including: Metro (with maps on the new Silver Line), Fastran, Metro Access, Fairfax Connector, Reston Internal Bus System (RIBS), Taxi Discount Programs, Volunteer Drivers from Shepherd Center and FISH, eCrusiers (electric vehicles), and much more!
# # #
Reston for a Lifetime is group of concerned citizens and organizations seeking to create solutions toward making Reston even more "liveable" for people of all ages and abilities.