News By Tag
News By Place
Six Great Battles Apps Available From 18th March 2012!
Amber Books are launching the Great Battles series in universal iOS & Android versions: Cannae 216 BC; Blenheim 1704; Gettysburg 1863; Pearl Harbor 1941; Stalingrad 1942/43; D-Day 1944. Each has an animated map with voiceover explaining the battle
• Cannae 216 BC – Hannibal annihilates the Roman legions
• Blenheim 1704 – Duke of Marlborough defeats Louis XIV’s French army
• Gettysburg 1863 – Turning point of the US Civil War
• Pearl Harbor 1941 – Sneak Japanese attack brings the US into WWII
• Stalingrad 1942/43 – Decisive battle on the Eastern Front in WWII
• D-Day 1944 – Largest ever sea landings in France on 6 June
Each app has an animated map complete with a voiceover explaining the battle stage by stage, a narrated history and gallery give you the full background to the battle, while a quiz tests out your new knowledge.
• Watch the explosions on US battleships as the Japanese attack waves strike.
• Listen to how the Roman legionaries were lured into a trap and slaughtered.
• Read how the Red Army surrounded the Germans in Stalingrad.
• View images of the men and vehicles landing on the D-Day beaches.
• Test your knowledge of General Robert E Lee’s Confederates.
These bestselling iPad apps featuring major events in world history are now coming to your iPhone, iPod Touch and Android devices with a special launch price!
The apps are available to buy from the App Store and Google Play (formerly Android Market).
Coming next in the series: the fall of Constantinople 1453 and Nelson’s victory at Trafalgar 1805…
NOTES FOR EDITORS:
• The Great Battles apps have previously been available for iPad only, but are now being launched as universal iOS apps and Android apps simultaneously.
• The launch price will be Tier 1 for Apple devices ($0.99, 69p, €0.79 etc) and the nearest equivalent for Android.
• Screenshots and logos are available on Photobucket here: http://s1239.photobucket.com/
• If you require screenshots in a specific size/format, please ask and we will be happy to provide them.
• We can also provide free additional editorial content – related facts/questions etc about the featured battles. Images may also be available. If you are interested in one particular battle, please ask for further material.
• Chinese language versions of the six apps will be available shortly for iOS and Android – if you require information about these, please ask.
• For further information and promo codes, contact Charles Catton at Amber Books: firstname.lastname@example.org