News By Tag
* Workforce Investement Board
* Ventura County
* Worker Training
* Workplace Leader
* More Tags...
News By Place
Nominations Open for 2012 Annual WIB Awards
The Workforce Investment Board of Ventura County (WIB) is seeking nominations for its 2012 Annual WIB Awards.
"Every year we are honored to recognize outstanding groups and individuals in our community who provide job opportunities, training and employer support that help to strengthen Ventura County’s workforce and economic vitality," says Alex Rivera, WIB chair.
An individual, employer, organization or partnership may be nominated in one or more categories:
1. WIB Youth Opportunity Award - for providing internships or employment opportunities that will grow and strengthen Ventura County's future workforce.
2. WIB Collaborative Action Award – for a partnership that helps to meet employer workforce needs, improves education/workforce training and/or supports business expansion/retention in Ventura County.
3. WIB Champion for Prosperity Award - for supporting workforce development in Ventura County through job creation, job retention, business expansion or business attraction.
4. WIB Leadership Award - for a role model whose efforts or accomplishments embody the spirit and purpose of workforce development in Ventura County.
WIB Award recipients for 2011 were Vic Anselmo, president of Applied Powdercoat in Oxnard; Resident Services Department for the Housing Authority of the City of Buenaventura;
A nomination form is available on the WIB website: www.wib.ventura.org.
# # #
About the Workforce Investment Board
The Workforce Investment Board administers federal funds that help to support Job & Career Centers (JCCs) and other adult, youth, and employer programs and services in Ventura County. With additional resources from the County of Ventura Human Services Agency, the JCCs provide employment assistance, career training and education services to job seekers, and employee recruitment, customized training and employer consulting to local businesses. JCC services are provided at no cost to job seekers and employers. For more information, call 800-500-7705 or visit www.wib.ventura.org.