News By Tag
* St Patrick S Day
* St. Patty's
* Law Officers
* Washington D C
* More Tags...
News By Location
The Ultimate St. Patrick's Day Tradition Returns to D.C.
P.J. Clarke’s Legendary Irish Celebration Returns All Day Saturday, March 17 with Irish Fare, Traditional Pipers, $10,000 Vespa Charity Giveaway and More
The Washington iteration of the event, held at the center of political power, 16th & K Streets NW, will bring together Democrats and Republicans as they partake in P.J.’s legendary brunch, clink a toast of Jameson, and revel in the tradition that has made P.J. Clarke’s a St. Patrick’s mainstay since 1884.
Day-long festivities at P.J. Clarke’s Washington D.C. will include:
• Early morning kick-off Kegs & Eggs Brunch starting at 8 am, with half-off brunch for law enforcement officers as well as runners of the Rock-n-Roll Marathon and Half-Marathon (runners must present bibs to receive discount);
• Live performances by the Culkin School Irish Dancers and a traditional Irish Pipe & Drum Band throughout the evening;
• Traditional Irish fare, including Corned Beef and Cabbage, Reubens, and Shepherd’s Pie on the menu for the day;
• Drink specials on Irish beer and liquor, including Guinness ($4), Harp Lager ($4), Bass ($4), Jameson Irish whiskey shots ($6) and Bushmills Irish whiskey shots ($6). Shots come with a free P.J. Clarke’s shot glass;
• Screenings of Round 3 NCAA basketball tournament games downstairs at Sidecar, P.J. Clarke’s semi-private dining room, on 4 flatscreen televisions. Sidecar will be open to the public all day;
• A chance to win his-and-hers LX 150 Vespa scooters (value: $10,000) when patrons make a $20 donation to the National Law Enforcement Officers Fund; a numbered P.J. Clarke’s t-shirt comes with each donation and counts as an entry. P.J. Clarke’s will match the donation amount raised from t-shirt sales; sales will be capped at 500. In addition, a portion of the proceeds from the day’s food and drink sales will benefit the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund;
• Washington Redskins cheerleaders will be on hand to cheer on fundraising efforts.
For more information about P.J. Clarke’s Washington D.C. St. Patrick’s Day celebration, please contact Barbara Martin at Barbara@BrandLinkDC.com or 301.229.6770.
About P.J Clarke’s Washington D.C.
On the road to the White House at 1600 K Street, democracy continues its reign at this most American of saloons. The dining room, featuring opposing “political”
Famous for its raw bar, prime steaks and the "Cadillac" of burgers, P.J. Clarke's is a great spot for a power lunch, happy hour, gathering with friends or a respite from D.C. sightseeing.
P.J. Clarke’s Washington D.C. is the newest member to a now-international tradition which stems from its 125 year old location on Third Avenue at 55th Street in New York City. Additional gathering posts are located at Lincoln Square and Four World Financial Center in New York, the Forum Shops at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, and in the heart of Sao Paulo, Brazil.
About the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund
A nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization headquartered in Washington, DC, the Memorial Fund built and continues to maintain the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial – the nation’s monument to law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty. The Memorial Fund is a principal organizer of the National Police Week observance each May and hosts a Candlelight Vigil at the Memorial each May 13 to honor all fallen officers. In addition, the Fund maintains the largest, most comprehensive database of line-of-duty officer deaths, conducts research into officer fatality trends and issues, and serves as an information clearinghouse.