News By Tag
* More Tags...
News By Place
Wireless and Mobile Applications to Empower Patients
The 2nd Annual Wireless Healthcare Asia Summit 2012 will be taking place in Singapore from 23 – 24 April 2012.
2. The widespread adoption of wireless mobile technologies is increasingly empowering patients to proactively track his or her biometric health information and then transmit usable data into personal health records to doctors, care coordinators or loved ones. These technologies are at the forefront of the changing face of healthcare. With Asia's aging population and the growing burden of chronic diseases, there is an unprecedented interest to tap into wireless technologies and introduce a new era of medical devices and healthcare delivery.
3. This Summit brings together leading healthcare providers, medical device manufacturers and pharmaceuticals, mobile operators, wireless access providers, network & system integrators, application & software developers, regulators, academics and R&D professionals from Asia, Europe, US and Middle East, to discuss challenges and issues critical to the changing healthcare landscape for 2012 and beyond.
4. Key applications to be discussed at the Summit include remote diagnostic & monitoring, self diagnostics, management of long term medical conditions, clinical information systems, data gathering for public health, hospital administration & supply chain management.
5. Some of the speakers at the Summit include Professor Anthony Cass, Research Director, Bionanotechnology at Imperial College of London, Dr Manosh Kumar Bose, COO, Apollo Hospitals Group, Dr Mehdi Khaled, VP of Healthcare & Life Sciences with Oracle Corporation, Daljit Singh, President of Fortis Healthcare, Thierry Zylberberg, EVP & Head of Orange Healthcare Div of France Telecom, K J Kim, Research Professor at Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Prof Michio Kimura, Director of Medical Informatics at Hamamatsu University School of Medicine & Kathryn Ng, Director of Singapore Health Services,
6. The Summit’s Platinum Sponsor will showcase Metria™ Wearable Sensor Technology* platform which is poised to have a significant impact on the future of healthcare. Deepak Prakash, global market segment manager, Avery Dennison Medical Solutions said: “With the platform's proprietary sensor technology, user interfaces, skin-friendly adhesive chemistries and manufacturing processes, we have laid the groundwork for a new generation of remote monitoring.”
7. The CEO of the conference organizing company, Magenta Global Pte Ltd, Singapore, Ms Maggie Tan, said: “Innovative mhealth applications have the ability to transform healthcare – from increasing the effectiveness and reducing the cost of healthcare delivery, improving the effectiveness of public health program, managing and treating chronic illnesses and keeping patients out of hospital beds. ” She further commented that “the new generation of smartphones with greater computing, storage and data processing power and greater sensor interfaces provide powerful tools for the healthcare industry.”
8. The event will be held at the Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel.
# # #
Magenta Global Pte Ltd is a premier independent business media company that provides pragmatic and relevant information to government & business executives and professionals worldwide. The organization provides the opportunity to share thought-provoking insights, exchange ideas on the latest industry trends and technological developments with thought leaders and business peers. With a strong focus in emerging economies especially in Africa, Middle East & Central Asia, Magenta Global works in partnership with both the public and private sectors. www.magenta-