News By Tag
News By Location
Covert Policing Conference announced
£95 per delegate or two delegates for £149 The world of covert policing is an ever emerging and changing arena and our covert policing conference aims to showcase some of the cutting edge advances in this area.
We will also look at how to ensure your covert tactics stand up to scrutiny and ensure you achieve best evidence.
• How to covertly gain intelligence about a suspect through financial investigation
• Best practice around the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIPA)
• Interception of communication – best practice
• Proportionality – best practice
• Covert Human Intelligence Sources – best practice
• Charles Miller, former policy advisor to Home Office Covert Investigation Policy Team
• Gerry Doyle, former West Midlands Police detective and covert financial investigation expert
Further speakers to be announced shortly
Who should attend?
• SIOs who want to further explore the potential that covert tactics can offer
• All those in the investigative arena who want to find out more about the potential of
• Covert practitioners who are keen to share best practice and network with colleagues in
UK police forces
• The conference will also feature an exhibition of suppliers and covert specialists who will be showcasing the latest technology
For full details please follow this link:
# # #
The Investigator is an exciting digital magazine and website aimed at practitioners and academics in the field of investigative practice from the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Europe and US.
Sent directly to key opinion formers and frontline staff, The Investigator contains exclusive features, latest news, supplements and jobs to keep you ahead of the game in this important area of policing and corporate investigation.
The two key members of staff are Carol Jenkins (editor) & Dale Hazell (publishing manager)