News By Tag
* More Tags...
News By Location
Women's Health Therapeutics Market to 2017 - New Market Report
High Unmet Need will Drive Uptake of Novel Drugs Such as Prolia and Odanocantib in the Menopause and Osteoporosis Market
By: Fast Market Research, Inc.
Full Report Details at
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of industry experts.
GBI Research finds that the women's health therapeutics market will grow rapidly, largely due to the introduction of new therapies and the increased awareness among patients and physicians in two of the largest segments within WH disorders, the menopause and osteoporosis. Novel non-hormonal therapeutics will become more popular during the forecast period. Though many of the major selling drugs in the osteoporosis market are set to lose patent protection in 2012, the launch of effective therapies such as Prolia (recently launched in 2010) will drive the market revenues. The overall women's health therapeutics market is driven by postmenopausal osteoporosis and menopause. The endometriosis market is heavily genericized and lacks an effective and safe option for the treatment of endometriosis.
In 2010, the women's health therapeutics market was estimated to be worth $14,530m. GBI Research forecasts the market to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 7.9% between 2010 and 2017 to record a sales value of $24,671m in 2017.
The market has considerable unmet need, as the majority of the diseases in the market are served by hormonal therapeutics. Hormones have been shown to be associated with significant safety issues such as risks of breast cancer and cardiovascular disease. Hence, the use of hormones has declined and women are worried about resuming hormonal therapy for the treatment of the menopause/osteoporosis. There is an opportunity for pharmaceutical companies to develop drugs with greater safety profiles and more competitive prices.
The women's health therapeutics market R&D pipeline is moderately strong, with the majority of first-in-class drugs in late stages of development. These drugs are expected to drive market revenues and it is expected that, if they are approved and are shown to have better safety profiles, patients will comply with novel therapies. In particular, non-hormones are set to take over the conventional hormone therapeutics market.
* Annualized market data for the women's health disorders market from 2002 to 2010, forecast to 2017.
* Analysis of the leading therapeutic segments, including endometriosis, postmenopausal osteoporosis, menopause and urinary incontinence
* Analysis of the women's health therapeutics market in the leading geographies of the world, which include the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Japan
* Market characterization of the women's health therapeutics market, including market size, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage patterns
* Key drivers and barriers that have a significant impact on the market
* Coverage of pipeline molecules in various phases of drug development
* Competitive benchmarking of leading companies. The key companies studied in this report are Pfizer, Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd., Merck and Warner Chilcott Plc.
* Key M&A activities and licensing agreements that took place in 2010 in the women's health therapeutics market
Reasons to buy
* Align your product portfolio to the markets with high growth potential.
* Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the leading therapeutic segments and geographic markets poised for strong growth.
* Reinforce R&D pipelines by identifying new target mechanisms which can produce first-in-class molecules with more efficiency and better safety.
* Develop key strategic initiatives by understanding the key focus areas of leading companies.
* Exploit in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities by identifying products that could fill portfolio gaps.
About GBI Research
GBI Research provides industry-leading global business intelligence solutions. Their products and services help companies make better business decisions, win business and position themselves more effectively. GBI Research publishes more than 100 research reports each year across a wide range of industries. These reports draw on in-depth primary and secondary research, databases of proprietary in-house data and high quality analysis from their expert teams. GBI Research employs hundreds of highly qualified Analysts across the US, Europe and Asia. View more research from GBI Research at http://www.fastmr.com/
# # #
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.