News By Tag
* Patent Pending
* Provisional Patent
* More Tags...
* Inventors Club
* More Industries...
News By Place
Inventors Club Formed in Richmond as the Virginia Innovators Network
Richmond, Virginia has been one of the few large metro areas in the United States not to have an Inventors Club, until now. The Virginia Innovators Network, or VINE for short, was formed earlier this year and will serve to fill that void.
VINE encourages and welcomes all inventors and small business owners who are considering taking the next step in bringing their unique ideas to market. VINE encourages and educates innovators in the region by providing information, options and approaches for bringing ideas to market. The group also enables inexperienced innovators to engage successful innovators, and introduces innovators to resources with critical subject matter expertise for protecting, developing, licensing, manufacturing and selling their product or service.
Mike Bucci, President of VINE and a successful inventor/entrepreneur best known for his flagship product, Painter’s Pyramids, said “Creating an environment where Virginians can turn their ideas into action while creating jobs and economic impact is a focus of VINE and I am thrilled to be a part of launching this group. I look forward to VINE’s role in fostering innovation and creativity in Virginia.”
VINE is affiliated with the United Inventors Association (http://www.uiausa.org) and has already arranged several speakers over the course of the year who have taken dozens of products to market. VINE’s first public event will be held on Monday, March 19th, 2012, from 5:30-7:30 pm at the Enterprise Meeting Center in the west end of Richmond, Virginia. Visit the VINE website (http://www.vainnovators.org) to learn more and register for this event.
The initial VINE Board of Directors for will include:
• Michael Bucci - Founder and owner of K & M of VA, Inc., he has successfully conceived, developed and launched multiple products into domestic and international markets.
• Bruce Ferris - Lead Principal at SPARK Engineering LLC, he has over 24 years of experience in design, engineering and project management, including nine patents.
• Sean Murphy, JD - Associate in PennStuart's Richmond, Virginia office, he represents a broad range of clients, including businesses, individuals, and insurance carriers, before state, federal and appellate courts.
• Bill Riley - Senior Engineer and a Principal/Co-
• Michael Stephens - Over 20 years executive and senior level experience within broad industries and companies ranging from startups to large corporate organizations, he holds over a dozen US patents and has successfully brought to market numerous IP-based products through licensing, manufacturing and other commercialization methods.
• Brian Teague, JD - Registered patent attorney with Patent Law of Virginia, PLLC, he works with individuals and businesses of all sizes to protect their valuable intellectual property.
• Mark Deutsch, MBA - CEO and Executive Director of BNI-Central Virginia, the largest and most successful business networking organization in Virginia, he has started or operated more than 15 companies.
• Tony Caputo - A 25 year software technology veteran who specializes in early-stage development and advanced sales/marketing methodologies. He is an acting advisor to early-stage companies who are seeking funding and assistance in developing a go-to-market strategy.
More about Virginia Innovators Network:
The Virginia Innovators Network (VINE) is a not for profit, educational organization. VINE exists to support innovative Virginians who are pursuing bringing their unique products and services to market. The primary approach to providing this support is through membership meetings that serve two purposes: networking and education. Aspiring entrepreneurs have the ability to meet inventors and entrepreneurs who have successfully launched unique goods and services or professionals with subject matter expertise that is pertinent to launching of these products and services. The speakers at the meetings have direct expertise in one or more of the areas related to bringing ideas to market. In addition to the meetings, the VINE website contains references and information to help the innovator research and make appropriate contacts with subject matter experts. If you’d like to learn more about VINE, please visit http://www.vainnovators.org.
Mark M. Deutsch, MBA
Virginia Innovators Network, Marketing Committee