Chicago's Odile Luxury Children's Boutique Exclusively Debuts Lanvin Petite in the Midwest
French design house's premiere children's wear line features one-of-a-kind girls apparel, shoes and accessories.
The Lanvin Petite collection offers a cheerful array of luxury choices for the sweetest little girl’s boudoir. Reminiscent of the women’s collection, Alber Elbaz has designed the children’s line to reflect some of the many nuanced design details that he is best-known for, including exposed zippers and raw seams. Consisting of dresses, skirts, tops, a trench coat and beautiful accessories, the Lanvin Petite collection is made from plush materials, such as washed organza, pleated tulle, taffeta, satin ribbon and grosgrain, beads and strass. Additional pieces to the collection include dolls, necklaces and ballerina flats that come in silk or metallic calfskin with a tulle pompom. Select items from the Lanvin Petite collection that will be available at Odile include:
• Cardigan with Bow – Red cardigan with strass button at neckline, grosgrain bow embellishment ($485)
• Fruit T-shirt – White embellished T-shirt with embroidered flower and fruit adorning neckline. Sheer trim at sleeve and tie at back ($365)
• Taffeta Dress – Red taffeta dress with pleated top, grosgrain bows at waist and shoulders ($1105)
• Taffeta Trench – Beige taffeta trench with belt at waist with fabric flower, faux pearl and strass embellishment ($1645)
• Flounced Skirt – Blue flounced skirt with exposed zipper and four layers of flounce in navy washed techno ($990)
• Tulle Bolero – Beige tulle bolero with grosgrain tie. Silk, with a touch of nylon ($680)
• Ballerina with Pom Pom – Beige metallic calfskin ballerina flat with tulle pompom embellishment at toe ($390)
In addition to featuring splendid children’s clothing for little girls’ size 4-10, the inaugural season of Lanvin Petite includes stylish, limited-edition collectable fabric figurines that are hand-embroidered and assembled by women in Swaziland who have been diagnosed as HIV positive and are supported by the charity Dessine L’espoir. There are four versions of the figurines; each wearing exact replica dresses from the Lanvin Petite collection. Looking fabulous in their miniature Lanvin dresses, faux pearl earrings, tulle-wrapped necklaces, sequined eye shadow and stitched manicures, the peacock figurine, along with two additional styles, will be available at Odile for $400.
Odile Luxury Children’s Boutique features timeless children’s apparel – many exclusive to Chicago and the Midwest – for newborn to12 years of age that boasts traditional styles from mostly European designers. Opened in 2009, owner Camille Cozzini saw a void in the U.S market for quality, traditional children’s wear that would transcend trends and focus on dressing children like children. Cozzini diligently scouts the world for international treasures and heirloom pieces that will be cherished for generations to come. In addition to the newly added Lanvin Petite collection, other featured lines include Le Nouveau Nè, Stella Cove, La Stupenderia, Frilo, 120% Lino and Baroni.
Odile is open Monday – Saturday, 10 am – 5 pm and offers on-site stylists. For more information and to view the Lanvin Petite collection online, visit www.shopodile.com or call 312.255.0800.