News By Tag
News By Location
School Vacation Week Draws Families to the New Hampshire Lakes Region
Adults and children can easily find fun together in central NH
Snowmobiling is an adventure that can be enjoyable for children as young as 3. At SledVentures Snowmobile Rentals in Lincoln, guided tours are available for the snow sport beginner. Start out at 5mph to 20mph to learn the basics. More of an expert? Rent a snowmobile for up to eight hours, and get to see some of the beautiful landscape the Lakes Region is known for.
On days that are just a little too frigid for time spent outdoors, check out the world’s largest arcade: FunSpot in Weirs Beach. This 60-year-old treasure provides fun for all ages: Candlepin and 10-pin bowling lanes, as well as indoor 9-hole mini golf, offer entertainment for the family together, but there’s plenty of opportunity to get in some good game time as family members can enjoy Skee-Ball, pinball, vintage video games and other skill games where tickets for prizes come in to play.
Keep up some of the nostalgia for yesteryear by browsing the wares at the Laconia Antique Center, the largest shop of its kind in the state. Adults may enjoy browsing furniture or other household items, while children peruse and find the toys their parents and grandparents played with when they were their age.
For more ideas on keeping the family occupied, visit the LRTA’s Where to Play webpage.
Most school vacation weeks take place during the last two weeks of February. Below are a few family-friendly events that are ideal for a variety of ages, while providing entertainment for both parents and children. More events can be found on the LRTA’s Events Calendar.
- Radio Disney Day: Noon-2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 18. Gunstock Mountain Resort, 719 Cherry Valley Road, Gilford. Play games, participate in contests, watch a movie and more!
- Play Days: 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Tuesdays and every other Friday in February. Prescott Farm and Environmental Center, 928 White Oaks Road, Laconia. Children can play and socialize in an education-based environment.
- Winter Carnival: Monday-Friday, Feb. 20-24 and Feb. 27-March 2. King Pine Ski Area, 1251 Eaton Road, East Madison. Sleigh rides, races, tours and more.
- Fluorescent Nights: Nighttime Thursday-Saturday, Feb. 23-25. Loon Mountain Park, 60 Loon Mountain Road, Lincoln. The park is lit up for three nights of fun!
- Bald Eagles in the Lakes Region: 7 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 23. Squam Lakes Natural Science Center, 23 Science Center Road, Holderness. Help take part in the N.H. Audubon mid-winter eagle survey.
- Family Fun Night: 4:30-6:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 25. Cannon Mountain, 9 Franconia Notch State Park, Franconia. Movies for kids, fun for adults in the pub – and stick around after for a parade and fireworks!
- Gunstock Rocks: Saturday, Feb. 25. Gunstock Mountain Resort, 719 Cherry Valley Road, Gilford. All-inclusive event for all ages: ski, ride, tube, bonfire, fireworks, live music and more.
- Bird Banding: 10 a.m.-noon Wednesday, Feb. 29. Squam Lakes Natural Science Center, 23 Science Center Road, Holderness. Looking for a chance to see wild birds up close? Find out why and how birds are captured and banded.
The Lakes Region Tourism Association is the official tourism board of the region, representing close to 100 communities, 273 lakes and ponds, and more than 400 businesses in central New Hampshire, including area attractions, restaurants, retail establishments and accommodations. For more information or visitors guides, visit http://www.LakesRegion.org, http://www.facebook.com/
# # #
We take ideas from spark to finish! Full service marketing, advertising & public relations. Traditional & new media solutions! Since 1984, LTD Company has provided creative solutions for businesses seeking to take their marketing to the next level.