Healthy Heart Is The New Focus For Medisister
Medisister launches an interactive initiative with nurses, choosing heart conditions as its monthly Hot Topic for February
The death rate from cardiovascular disease (CVD) in the UK, which includes both coronary heart disease and strokes, has been falling at one of the fastest rates in Europe, but the UK still has a high rate compared to some other Western European countries. Although cancer frequently causes more public anxiety than any other illness, CVD is in fact the main cause of death in the UK and accounts for about one third of all UK deaths each year.
Being an interactive facility, www.medisister.com is also requesting input from nurses on their own experiences and recommendations relating to patient care and preventative measures such as changes in lifestyle and diet. The prevalence of heart conditions varies across the UK’s regions and socioeconomic groups and nurses nationwide can provide an ideal barometer of developments in this critical area.
Medisister offers a range of great ideas for nurses on work, leisure and lifestyle. The objectives of Medisister are to:
• Help, motivate and reward nurses
• Make the difficult jobs that nurses have to do easier to perform
• Provide nurses with a new channel to communicate their views and experience
Provided by MedIsis, a major source of information and resources for the nursing profession, www.medisister.com offers wide ranging practical help and the means to keep in touch socially and swap ideas.
The range of benefits that nurses can enjoy through visiting the Medisister site include:
• Access to a wide range of easy-to-order free healthcare information from a direct link with www.medisis.com
• Regular competitions, incentives and promotions with attractive prizes
• Current news, hot topics and interactive forums
• Awards for initiative and professionalism
The ‘Hot Topic’ is one of the features of the Medisister site and the theme changes every month. A varied and exciting range of Hot Topics has been scheduled over the coming months, but Medisister is always flexible in changing its programme to reflect news and developments in the healthcare sector.