News By Tag
* Edgar Perez
* The Speed Traders
* The Speed Traders Workshop
* Super Bowl
* More Tags...
News By Place
What Time does the Super Bowl Start?
Venture Capital Happy Hour, February 7, 6PM, Will Bring Together Venture Capitalists, Angel Investors, Seeders, Entrepreneurs, Technologists and Visionaries for an Evening of Networking and Cocktails in Boston and New York City
By: Golden Networking
As reported by The Daily Beast’s Gary Rivlin, the world of venture capital is rich with tales of colossal payoffs. The partners at Benchmark Capital invested $6.7 million in eBay in 1997—and saw their stake mushroom to $400 million when the company went public one year later. Sequoia Capital and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers invested $12.5 million each in a small search startup called Google back in the late 1990s—and for their troubles walked away with a payout of around $2 billion a piece.
Yet it looks like the record books need to be rewritten with Facebook on the verge of an initial public offering. A single firm, Accel Partners, stands to make somewhere around $10 billion on the $12.7 million it invested in Facebook in 2006. This is the type of returns only venture capital can produce and reason why attendance to Venture Capital Happy Hour is critical for practitioners that want to prosper in the current environment.
Venture Capital Happy Hour is produced by Golden Networking (http://www.goldennetworking.net), the premier networking community for business executives, entrepreneurs and investors. Golden Networking has compiled the insights of top experts and industry practitioners and produced DVD Video Packages for its Leaders and Experts Forums, including:
• 3rd China Leaders Forum DVD Video Package, "How American Companies can Plug Into The Chinese Rocket-Propelled Economy?", http://www.ChinaLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 DVD Video Package, "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World", http://www.HFTLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop DVD Video Package, "Practical Implementation of High-Frequency Trading Strategies", http://www.HFTExpertsWorkshop.com
• 2nd China Leaders Forum DVD Video Package, "Is the Chinese Dragon Poised for Global Dominance or Economic Implosion?", http://www.ChinaLeadersForum.com
• Distressed Investing Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Analyzing and Valuing Distressed Companies, Securities and Real Estate", http://www.DistressedInvestingExpertsForum.com
• Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Strategies for Increasing Profits under an Evolving Regulatory Framework", http://www.DerivativesLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Innovating and Profiting from High-Frequency Trading in 2010 and Beyond", http://www.HFTLeadersForum.com
• Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Generating Alpha in Challenging Times", http://www.HedgeFundsLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Starting and Running a High-Frequency Trading Operation", http://www.HFTExpertsForum.com
• Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Extraordinary Opportunities Investors Cannot Afford to Pass", http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
• China Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, "Addressing the Challenges Posed by the Present Wave of Chinese Globalization"
• Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, "The Most Comprehensive Guide for Any Investor in Distressed Assets", http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
Panelists, speakers and sponsors are invited to contact Golden Networking by sending an email to email@example.com. Golden Networking has been frequently featured in the press, including recent articles in The Wall Street Journal, "Happy Hour for High-Frequency Trading", The New York Times, "Golden Networking Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections"
# # #
The Speed Traders is the most comprehensive, revealing work available on the most important trading development in generations. High-frequency trading will play an ever larger role as computer technology advances and exchanges embrace electronic access.