News By Tag
* License Renewal
* Continuing Education
* Home Study
* More Tags...
News By Location
Renewal Information for Oregon Counselors & MFTs
License renewal and continuing education information for Oregon-licensed professional counselors and marriage & family therapists.
The reporting period is from the license renewal in one even-numbered year to the next license renewal in the subsequent even-numbered year. For example, if your birth month is June, your CEU reporting period would be from July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2012. You would report when you renew your license in June, 2012.
The 40 clock hours may be obtained in a variety of ways:
• Attending college or university courses -- 15 clock hours per semester credit or 10 clock hours per quarter credit.
• Seminars, workshops, conferences and/or trainings.
• Supervision (maximum of 10 hours)
• Distance learning trainings must be offered or approved by a provider acceptable to the Board, e.g., NBCC. Distance learning programs must include mechanisms for evaluation, measurement, or confirmation of exchange of information.
• Home study from approved providers must be offered or approved by a provider acceptable to the Board, e.g., NBCC.
Professional Development Resources is approved as a provider of continuing education by the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC Provider #5590) and by the American Psychological Association (APA) to offer continuing education for Counselors and MFTs. Oregon licensees may obtain all 40 clock hours through online home study courses offered @ http://www.pdresources.org/
In order to complete the continuing education requirements, education/training experiences must be in one or more of the following program areas:
• Counseling or marital and family therapy theory and techniques
• Human development and family studies
• Social and cultural foundations
• The helping relationship
• Group dynamics
• Lifestyle and career development
• DSM diagnosis assessment
• Research and evaluation
• Professional orientation and ethics
• Professional supervision training
• Disability and life transitions
• Substance abuse
• Diagnosis and treatment of mental health disorders
Courses in personal growth, computers, administration, management, marketing, or other business classes will NOT count.
Each reporting year, the Board randomly selects 10% of licensees for an audit to check compliance of its continuing education requirements.
The Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists: http://www.oblpct.state.or.us/
# # #
Professional Development Resources, Inc. is a nonprofit educational corporation organized in 1992. Our mission is to provide healthcare professionals with accredited continuing education courses on topics that are vital to contemporary clinical practice.