News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
Whiz Technologies Announces MobileNewsPack(TM) for Newspaper Industry.
Enables content distribution to Smartphones and tablet mobile platforms augmenting print media.
Market trends indicate that 92% of consumers get daily news from multiple sources, with on-the-go mobile news consumption quickly catching up with print. Within one year, mobile is expected to surpass print and online as the preferred news source.
Publishers are at a crossroads today on how to develop their mobile solutions roadmap. The option of in-house or custom development may not be realistic for publishers as it defocuses them from content generation. In addition, after releasing mobile apps, support and upkeep requirements introduce a different set of challenges. Multiply that by the number of current and future platforms and the task becomes overwhelming.
“Whiz solution allowed us to focus on our mobile strategy. If we had built our mobile apps in-house, we would still be chasing our goal”, said Brent Booth, Director of online services at The Commercial Appeal, an E.W. Scripps Company newspaper in Memphis, TN.
Key features included in the MobileNewsPack(
1. User interface (UI), designed for reading news on-the-go, can be customized to publisher’s UI specifications;
2. Support for multiple content types -- breaking news, trending news, news categories, photo galleries, video clips, classifieds, obituaries, events and horoscopes;
3. Mobile advertisement formats –- banner ads, interstitial ads and video pre-roll ads;
4. Multiple Paid Content models supported -- digital subscription, all-access and in-app purchases;
5. Mobile Analytics;
6. Publisher administration panel to configure and control app behavior and appearance; no need to resubmit app for app store acceptance;
7. Future proof solution for publisher – continuous innovation with new UI templates and additional mobile platforms.
At the heart of MobileNewsPack(
For additional information on Whiz and MobileNewsPack(
About Whiz Technologies
Based in San Jose, California, USA, Whiz Technologies is a leading provider of custom mobile apps, with a focus on delivering quality solutions on popular mobile platforms including Smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.
Whiz Technologies, Inc.
2051 Junction Avenue, Suite 218
San Jose, CA 95131