News By Tag
News By Place
Softaculous Team announced the Launch of Softaculous 4.0
Softaculous Ltd., the developer of Softaculous Auto Installer that simplifies Application deployment on various hosting platforms, announced the launch of Softaculous 4.0 which includes cool new features.
This version has several new features and bug fixes.
Softaculous 4.0 has following changes:
1) The Softaculous Enduser home page now shows the top 15 scripts with a cool new UI.
2) Added Email Templates for customized Email.
4) Added logo for Softaculous in WHM Plugins section.
5) A new Hook has been added for the update email notification sent to the users.
6) AJAXified the list software page which shows the scripts in a category.
7) Added the configuration to disable all emails being sent to the endusers like installation, remove, update, etc.. This will also disable the Email setting link in the DOCK.
8 ) Added JSON and XML output support.
9) Added sprites for script icons for faster loading (e.g for pages like list software, ratings, demos).
10) Added the list installation API in the Softaculous Admin Panel e.g. you can use WHM Authentication Key to get the list of outdated installations.
11) Added script icons in list installation page.
12) Now packages will be downloaded first and on success old packages will be deleted. This should resolve the "INFO.xml not found" error.
13) Bug Fix : Version compare bug fix for "+" symbol in any version of script.
14) Bug Fix : Fixed the bug that caused error of rip in DirectAdmin.
15) Bug Fix : Fixed the UI bug of list installations page when no installation is there.
16) Bug Fix : Category link in the free version of Softaculous has been fixed.
Softaculous Auto Installer integrates into popular hosting control panels like cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, H-Sphere and Interworx and allows the user to install any application by the click of a button. There are lots of script categories like blogs, forums, micro blogs, wikis, social networking, image galleries, ERP, Project Management, Educational, etc. One can also upgrade these applications when new versions become available. Softaculous also offers Demos, Ratings, Reviews and screenshots of the various applications.
"We are extremely excited to launch Softaculous 4.0," said Pulkit Gupta, Softaculous founder and CEO. "and soon you can expect new features to be available in the next version. The best part is that these apps can now be installed by the click of a button on your Desktop or Office Server using Softaculous AMPPS, which is a WAMP stack with Softaculous."
The Softaculous apps library already contains popular applications, including: WordPress, b2evolution, StatusNet, Drupal, Joomla, Concrete5, phpBB, MyBB, SMF, bbPress, Coppermine, Gallery, Mediawiki, DokuWiki, TikiWiki, Elgg, Dolphin, OpenX, SquirrelMail, LimeSurvey, Piwik, Mantis, SugarCRM, WHMCS, PrestaShop, Magento, CraftySyntax, osTicket, Moodle, Claroline, etc.
To address the needs of different hosting providers, Softaculous is available as a Free product or as a Premium product. The Free version has only 59 apps while the Premium version currently has 259 Apps.
Softaculous Apps are also available in the form of Virtual Appliances. The Virtual Appliances (called Webuzo) contain all the necessary server software required to power the various Apps. Webuzo is a LAMP stack with Softaculous installed on a CentOS Machine. Webuzo can help any user deploy Web Apps on their Desktops or in the Office. "You can deploy so many office related apps with the help of Webuzo e.g. a user may want to deploy MediaWiki or DokuWiki for internal documentation and Webuzo can help you do that without you having to install any server software." said Chirag Nagda, a developer at Softaculous. Webuzo can also be deployed in the Cloud which helps users to access their apps from anywhere.
Webuzo was announced in mid June.
Recently the company also released AMPPS – A Windows stack of Apache, MySQL, PHP, PERL, Python and Softaculous. Users, especially developers, can use this software stack to install any application on their Desktops. AMPPS also has two PHP binaries and users can switch between the latest PHP version and a legacy PHP version by the click of a button.
Softaculous was founded in 2009 with the goal of helping users to deploy apps by the click of a button. Softaculous is already being offered by leading Data Center’s and Web hosting companies around the world.
It is very easy to find, deploy, manage, backup applications using Softaculous. One can also deploy apps in the office using Softaculous Webuzo or Softaculous AMPPS.
For more information, visit http://www.softaculous.com/
# # #
Softaculous Auto Installer integrates into popular hosting control panels like cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, H-Sphere and Interworx and allows the user to install any application like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, phpBB, SMF, etc by the click of a button.