“The Thermometer” Gauges ‘Subjects That Matter’ To Wall Street’s Smart Money
HEDGEAnswers, a leader in hedge fund information and educational services, announced the results of their third annual quarterly survey, The Thermometer, that measures sentiment of hedge fund managers about issues that impact investment decisions.
“Information is the key to making good investment decisions,” commented Bianca Razzano, co-founder of HEDGEAnswers. “Understanding what hedge fund managers are thinking about various market sectors, economies of the world and the political situation, provides institutional and individual investors with data to make better decisions,” continued Razzano. “The HEDGEAnswers:
Sample statistics from HEDGEAnswers:
• 100% of the managers are Lukewarm on The United States Economy
• 75% of the managers are Cold on the Europe
• 25% of the managers are Hot on Asia
• 50% of the managers are Hot on Latin America
• 50% are Lukewarm on Defense
• 75% are Lukewarm on Financials
• 50% are Hot on Hard Material
• 25% are Cold on Retail
• 75% are Lukewarm on Food & Beverage
• 0% are Hot for the US President
• 75% are Cold on Speaker of the House
• 100% are Cold on Congress (no change in three years)
• 75% are Lukewarm on Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernake
• 75% are Lukewarm on the Securities and Exchange Commission
Looking ahead HEDGEAnswers:
Over 100 global hedge fund managers are asked to fill out an anonymous ten-question survey between the first and second week of the month. All data is collected by the 15th of month and processed during the last two weeks of the month. The seven of the ten questions are constant – three are changed on a quarterly basis.
To learn more about HEDEGAnswers and view all the results of the 2011 Thermometer, please visit The Community at www.hedgeanswers.com .
# # #
In 2006 HEDGEAnswers began as an educational live event series which quickly adapted to the industry’s global demand for anytime hedge fund information with: The Launch Sessions, The Blog!, The Community, interactive expert service: Get Answers Now! and the NEW Launch Pad. Started by hedge fund industry commentator and author Daniel Strachman and content expert and strategist Bianca Razzano, HEDGEAnswers is a one-of-a-kind, one-stop information platform for individuals and institutions to learn about hedge funds and how to better understand these unique investment vehicles.