News By Tag
News By Location
Various types of women earrings
Earrings create a magic in the ears of women. Go through, different types of women earrings, which are creating ripples in the fashion world!
By: Satyajit Banerjee
* Stud earrings: These unisex earrings are suitable for both women and men and can be locked by rotating the screw. Sometimes, these studs also find applications for holding a pair of expensive earrings with precious metal or stone.
* Hoop earrings: Also known as `Baali` in Hindi, the hoop earrings come in circular or semi-circular shapes. These also come in several types. Sometimes, these come in the shape of an incomplete circle. In another type, these come in complete circle, which can be rotated at 360° angle. Sleeper earrings are also a type of hoop earrings, which are worn during sleep to keep hole in the pierced ear open. Spring hoop earrings stay in place through spring force.
* Dangle earrings: Also called as `jhumka` in Hindi, the dangle earrings sway from the earlobes. These come in different sizes and designs. French Loop Dangle Earrings hang from earlobe without any closure. Large sized ornate heavy danglers are ideal for the formal occasions. Chandelier earrings are the long dangle earrings, which come in extravagant styles.
* Ear cuff : These earrings come in crooked size and worn in pierced cartilage or onto the helix of ear. It stays in place by the clutch on ear.
* Slave earrings: In these earrings, a stud is linked with a chain. The one end is worn like ear cuff in a pierced cartilage and the another in pierced earlobes. Some times, another end dangles like the dangler while the middle part goes through pierced earlobes. The slave earrings are popular amidst Indian women and come in several designs including serpent, flower etc.
* Ear Hook earrings – These earrings feature a large hook, which is passed through pierced ear lobe. The earrings come in multiple designs like button earrings, feather earrings etc.
* Magnetic earrings: Resembling pierced stud earrings, these type of earrings are attached in earlobe with a magnetic back. With the help of magnetic force, these earrings stays on the place.
* Clip-on earrings: Also known as non-pierced earring, these earrings are ideal for women with unpierced ears. The tension clip of these earrings pinch the earlobe, thus making the earrings stay in place.
* Stick-on earrings- Coming in novelty design, these are unpierced earrings. These adhesive-backed earrings can be stuck to the skin of earlobe and resemble a pierced stud earring.
for more information visit :- http://www.craffts.com/