News By Tag
* Make Money Selling Books
* Sell Ebooks
* Making Money Ebooks
* Selling Ebooks Online
* Write Ebook
* More Tags...
News By Location
Selling Ebooks Online: How One Writer Self-Published 50 Ebooks On Amazon in One Year
Realizing how lucrative self-publishing can be, one writer took the bull by the horns and self-published 50 ebooks on Amazon in one year. And, she plans to publish more. Following are the 5 easy steps that tell you how to do the same.
One of these is freelance writer and online entrepreneur Yuwanda Black, who’s the publisher behind InkwellEditorial.com, a website that teaches others how to become successful freelance writers.
When asked how she managed to publish 50 ebooks on Amazon (for Kindle) in one year, Ms. Black responded:
“As an entrepreneur, I know the quickest route to the sale is to get a product/service directly into the hands of the consumer. Amazon makes your ebooks available to a worldwide audience – for free. And, you get to keep most of the profit.
I published my first ebook on the site in December 2010, and got my first sale a few days later. After experiencing this success, I knew it was just a matter of publishing more to earn more, so I set a goal of publishing 50 ebooks in one year – and I did it. My earnings increase almost every month, and by the end of this year , I hope to be earning in the mid-four figures per month on a regular basis, if not more.”
So, what exactly do you need to do to publish an ebook on Amazon? It’s really simple. Following are the exact steps to take.
Self-Publish Your Ebook on Amazon in 5 Easy Steps
1. Write an ebook: Most people never even get past this step.
2. Create a professional cover: Covers sell ebooks; so don’t skip this step. You can do this yourself very cheaply using ebook cover creation software.
3. Convert file using Mobi software: It’s a software that turns your ebook from a word/text file into the type of file it needs to be be to be uploaded to Amazon. It’s free.
4. Write description page: Vitally important step, for it tells readers what your ebook is all about. Too many self-published authors don’t take full advantage of this precious ebook selling tool.
5. Upload: Once your file is converted, all you do is upload it via Amazon’s interface. Really easy!
Selling Ebooks Online: The “Secret” to Making Money
The above five steps are easy because once they’re done, they’re done. "Promoting your ebook – the not-so-secret “secret” to making good money selling ebooks -- is a never-ending process. But, it’s what leads to sales," says Ms. Black.
# # #
Learn more about selling books online in “SELLING EBOOKS ONLINE: How I Published 50 Ebooks on Amazon in One Year – And You Can Too!” at http://inkwelleditorial.com/