News By Tag
* 1000 Calorie Challenge
* Small Group Fitness
* Flagstaff Fitness
* IMPACT Method
* Mixed Martial Arts
* More Tags...
News By Location
Flagstaff Gets THREE Exciting New Fitness Programs!!
AZ Elite has brought 3 Functional Fitness Programs to Flagstaff. Each focuses on specific goals with a very broad spectrum of exercises, so you'll never be bored with your workouts again!! OH YEAH, they are guaranteed to work or your money back!!
AZ Elite has partnered with NESTA (National Exercise & Sport Trainers Association)
● TACTIX is different! There are no jazzy dance moves, ancient philosophies, or useless routines. TACTIX is all about function, form, fun, & fitness! You will enjoy a high calorie burning workout that utilizes the latest techniques in metabolic conditioning, practical self-defense & advanced fitness programming.
Although TACTIX has explosive & effective self-defense applications, the energy of the class is always positive & fun. TACTIX is empowering to You! TACTIX is a perfect blend of martial arts fitness, practical self-defense skills, body weight exercises & metabolic conditioning. The result is a fun, revolutionary workout that burns up to 825 calories per hour.
Benefits of TACTIX !
● Fun, exciting, cutting-edge & highly effective
● Uses the latest research in metabolic conditioning (metcon) to burn more calories & attain higher levels of fitness in the shortest amount of time
● Teaches real-world self-defense skills without the negative overtone of traditional self-defense classes
The TACTIX metabolic conditioning system:
In select phases of a TACTIX workout, the focus is on metabolic conditioning. The benefits of metabolic conditioning are extensive because almost every aspect of strength & conditioning is greatly improved. This includes the following: increases in strength & cardiovascular endurance, overall power, speed, & metabolism.
TACTIX exercises are structured together in specific protocols designed to maximize the body's ability to store & then call upon energy from different energy pathways. For an overall fitness & self-defense benefit, we must move efficiently using energy from all energy pathways in as many varied situations as possible. MetCon is used to cover the widest range of metabolic enhancing exercises possible in the most effective & efficient way.
According to chief trainer, Tim Hillis, "TACTIX DOES NOT teach sparring, or incorporate actual combat. However, fun partner drills are used to develop timing, coordination & balance."
● IMPACT - originally the idea of Dr. John Spencer Ellis, founder of the National Exercise Sports Trainers Association & The Adventure Boot Camp Program. John & his team at NESTA researched the optimal format for fat burning & muscle conditioning & came up with the formula for IMPACT. John invited Kelli Calabrese, Clinical Exercise Specialist & Master Trainer to co-create the program by further defining the IMPACT Method workouts. Together John & Kelli have 45 years of experience in the fitness industry & have amassed 7 college degrees & a combined 35 fitness, nutrition & lifestyle certifications. Kelli & John have many media appearances to their credit including NBC, ABC & CBS. They have spoken internationally, have co-authored books & fitness programs & have dedicated their lives to the pursuit of well being & fitness. Kelli & John have poured all of their years working with clients from weekend warriors to athletes into the IMPACT program. They have read research, interviewed coaches & taken all of their successes with the Adventure Boot Camp program & wrapped it into the IMPACT Method for you to get the most excellent results.
Hillis informed that IMPACT is not yet slated but will be as soon as interest is shown in the program". He further said "the IMPACT method takes conditioning essentials from every major professional sport to include (but not limited to); soccer, football, basketball, baseball, mixed martial arts & Olympic Judo, Wrestling & Boxing, & combines them into an effective 'method' of getting someone into great shape while preventing injury on & off the job!"
IMPACT has been shown to burn an average of 750 calories & up to 1000+ in a single one hour session.
Again, it is noteworthy according to Hillis "all of our programs can be for beginners all the way to advanced fitness buffs because each exercise can be modified to be easier or more difficult for the individual".
● The 1000 Calorie Challenge is, in fact, comprised of two challenges which are used together in the program. One of these challenges is in the realm of fitness & the other is in the realm of nutrition.
The first challenge is made up of the workouts. The "1000 CC" workouts are not something to be taken lightly. However, Hillis says "we will build you slowly up to the 1000 Calorie burning routines, we start at 300 Calories as in the video below."
The purpose of the main workouts is to burn off 1,000 calories in about an hour. Anyone who knows a little something about fitness will tell you that this is not something which is easy to achieve. In fact, it will probably prove very difficult for you, especially at first.
You will go through a conditioning period on this program but the workouts will always be challenging. You simply can’t burn so many calories in such a short time otherwise.
The second challenge is a nutritional one. While on this program, you will alternate between high calorie days to low calorie ones. At the low end of the spectrum, you will find days in which you should consume a mere 1000 calories. This is very low, which is why you can’t possibly do this on most days. The idea is to get you into a big calorie deficit, the kind that allows you to lose weight very quickly.
There’s no doubt that eating 1,000 calories on any single day is not easy. This is also what makes this program difficult.
When you combine these two challenges you have a clear picture of why the 1000 Calorie Challenge is a tough program. You can & should do this program. However, do it with a clear idea of what’s facing you. Yes, you can burn a lot of body fat. But no, it won’t be easy. Not by a long shot. If this kind of double-challenge appeals to you then, & only then, is this a viable program for you to follow.
Lastly, Hillis noted "My clients lovingly refer to 1000 Calorie Challenge as the 1000 CC biker plan. By this they simply mean it gives them the horse power that a big bore motorcycle gives to the rider. Enough to power over & thru' their long workdays & have energy to spare!"
"TACTIX, IMPACT & the 1000 Calorie Challenge will insulate you against on the job injuries like NO OTHER PROGRAM CAN. You will have to commit to training quite hard with us 3 days a week. We will commit to helping you in every way possible; nutrition, supplements & information, exercise modifications, etc." said Hillis chief trainer @ AZ Elite.
Oh yeah, don't forget, these programs are back by a money back guarantee!! If after 10 weeks of regular attendance of 3 classes per week, following the dietary guidelines you're given & pushing yourself thru' the workouts & tracking your progress, you don't see a leaner, sleeker, & maybe even more muscular you looking back in the mirror, you get your money back.
Hillis can be reached for interviews or scheduling at (928) 254 - 7571
# # #
We are trainers of the everyday citizen to elite operators and professional mma fighters. We work hard to stay on the cutting edge of self defense tactics, fitness and nutrition science, and professional MMA training.