YUVsoft Releases 2D–to–Stereo 3D Conversion Plugins for The Foundry NUKE
YUVsoft Corp., a software R&D company, announced the release of its 2D to 3D Suite as a set of plugins for NUKE compositing software. The software accelerates and increases the quality of professional semiautomatic 2D-to-3D conversion.
Like its After Effects counterpart, the software includes tools for quick, nearly automatic construction of plausible initial depth maps, as well as depth map editing and high-quality stereo generation. The advantage of the software is its ability to work effectively with traditional rotoscoping-
• Border refinement of roto masks
• Addition of realistic details to hand-painted depth maps to avoid the cardboard effect when the depth map has insufficient grading and the stereo looks unnaturally flat
The product’s key features include:
• Automatic generation of realistic depth maps in many cases using several approaches—rotoscoping may only be necessary for important objects, and only for certain frames thanks to the propagation tool
• Depth propagation from key frames—using hand-painted or automatically generated depth maps for just a few frames from a scene, the software can automatically calculate the depth maps for the entire scene. The same tool can also propagate edits.
• Depth map refinement tools—provides control over the depth map’s detail level and mask border accuracy
• High-quality stereo generator—provides fully automatic stereo generation from 2D+Depth with optional user-guided background reconstruction for maximum quality. Special accurate processing of transparent fuzzy edges of foreground objects.
Using 2D to 3D Suite, a small team of just 10 people can convert a full-length movie within one to two months, depending on the movie’s type and quality requirements. For the highest-quality conversion with extensive rotoscoping, the software can increase productivity two times or more by supporting background depth generation and editing, depth refinement and high-quality stereo generation. The software is already in use and was successfully employed in converting several full-length movies and commercials with different conversion budgets and quality requirements.
For additional information, contact YUVsoft:
+1 (408) 426-5988