Top 5 Wedding Trends for 2012
Formal-Invitations.com's has released their latest forecast for upcoming weddings in 2012, based on indications from the fashion and bridal world.
By: Melissa Nyssen
1. Rustic weddings are becoming increasing popular with their warm and romantic look. Rustic weddings feature handmade items with homespun charm, located in a non-traditional setting such as a barn, winery, restaurant, garden and homes. Checkout http://pinterest.com for inspiration, Pinterest is a virtual pinboard that lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. You can also browse pinboards created by other people, perfect for planning a wedding.
2. Vintage elements are in, as the old-fashioned look is now modern. Antique jewelry, birdcage hats, soft muted colors in pretty florals lend an timeless feel. Visit http://www.poshgirlvintage.com for old hollywood glamour bridal gowns and chic sixties dresses. Vintage clip art, available at Formal-Invitations.com, also adds a timeless look and can be used on invitations, favor labels, menus, programs and thank-you stationery for a unified look.
3. DIY wedding invitations not only save you money, but are easy to personalize. Avoid perforated and thin stock which gives a a cheap feel, instead layering a printable stock with a heavyweight card. Adorn with an embellishment for invitations that stand out from the typical card, checkout http://www.formal-
4. Eco-chic weddings feature 100% recycled or tree-free invitations, truly reusable bridesmaid dresses (see jcrew.com and anntaylor.com for great selections) or pre-owned gowns, local flowers, conflict-free jewelry and seasonal organic food. Go to http://www.greenbrideguide.com for more earth-friendly ideas and resources.
5. Lace and feathers are showing up in the latest bridal dresses, hair pieces, invitation wraps, shoes and floral arrangements. Visit http://www.twigsandhoney.com for gorgeous headpieces using these on-trend accessories.
Formal-Invitations.com, a family-owned and operated company founded in 1991, has grown to become a leading online source for affordable wedding invitations featuring unique papers and embellishments. Formal-Invitations.com is approved for people and planet by Green America and is listed in the Green Pages.
# # #
Exclusive layered wedding invitations feature 50+ earth friendly premium cards and over 200 keepsake embellishments. Select from kits or mix and match to create your own. DIY or we will custom print.