News By Tag
* Intensive English
* English for Academic Purposes
* University Admission
* Study English
* More Tags...
News By Location
New ELS Center now open in Silicon Valley, California
ELS is very pleased to announce that ELS/Silicon Valley has opened in Cupertino, California. ELS/Silicon Valley is located directly across the street from ELS Partner School, De Anza College, in the beautiful and safe city of Cupertino.
ELS/Silicon Valley opened on August 15, 2011 and is fortunate to have Ms. Varsha Graves as the Center Director. Ms. Graves was involved in the opening of our Honolulu and Santa Cruz centers, and ELS is pleased that she brings her wealth of experience to this exciting new location.
The Silicon Valley center offers our traditional programs (English for Academic Purposes, General English, Semi-intensive English and American Explorer) and operates as a Schedule A Center.
ELS/Silicon Valley is located in the Oaks Shopping Center, in the heart of Cupertino. The center occupies the modern and newly renovated classroom facilities across the street from De Anza College. Cupertino is located approximately 70 kilometers south of San Francisco.
Silicon Valley is home to many of the world's largest technology corporations, such as Apple, Google and Cisco. Despite the development of other high-tech economic centers throughout the United States and the world, Silicon Valley continues to be the leading hub for high-tech innovation and development. Cupertino perhaps is best known as home to, and worldwide headquarters of Apple, Inc.
De Anza College Campus Access!
Long-time and close college partner, De Anza College is located just across the street! ELS students who wish to make use of some of the finest recreational facilities available will be provided unlimited access to De Anza College’s fitness center, library and cafeteria. The beautiful and serene campus of Foothill College is just 10 kilometers away. The Foothill and De Anza Community College district comprises the second largest international student program in the United States, and has the highest number of international student transfers to the University of California (UC) and State University of California (CSU) systems.
• The city of Cupertino is a safe and affluent suburban city of 58,000 people.
• Silicon Valley is home to more than 20 colleges and universities including the renowned Stanford University and Foothill and De Anza Colleges. In addition to Foothill and De Anza Colleges, other nearby ELS University Conditional Admission Network partners include the College of San Mateo, Ohlone College, West Valley College, and host institution campuses Dominican University and Golden Gate University. Forbes magazine ranks Cupertino as one of the most educated small towns in the USA.
• Soccer fields, baseball fields and tennis courts at Memorial Park are right across the street from ELS/Silicon Valley. Memorial Park also boasts barbeque pits, picnic tables, playgrounds, a lake, musical concerts, theatrical performances and more.
• Oak trees and redwoods line the many state parks, making Cupertino a popular destination for nature enthusiasts.
• Golf courses, ranches with horseback riding, beautiful vineyards, hiking and mountain biking all are available.
• Movie theaters and many ethnic dining options are within walking distance of the Center.
• The Center is only eight kilometers from the famous Santana Row and Valley Fair Shopping Center and 25 kilometers from the popular Milpitas Great Mall.
• Major league sporting events including the San Jose Sharks (National Hockey League), as well as San Francisco-based professional sports teams are all nearby.
• Shoreline Amphitheatre, an outdoor concert venue, hosts many famous musicians and music festivals. The schedule can be found at www.shorelineamp.com.
• Cupertino offers excellent public transportation. It is rated one of the top cities in the country for transportation. There is easy access to the bus ($70 per month bus pass). Students can also take a direct train from Sunnyvale to downtown San Jose (20 minutes) and San Francisco (one hour) and many other Bay Area cities.
• For more detailed information about Silicon Valley, please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/