News By Tag
News By Location
FXB International's FXB-Village Program Significantly Improves Living Conditions for Beneficiaries
FXB-Villages show significant increases in family income, expenditures and savings, and improvements in health, education, and water and sanitation conditions at the household level.
(New York, NY) –Results of the FXB International’
The most recent survey found that:
• 100% of FXB-Village beneficiaries are participating in household or group micro-enterprises.
• 84% of FXB-Village households report being able to save in a typical month, up from less than 15% at the start of the project.
• Average monthly savings have increased tenfold from baseline to Year 2, from an average savings per household per month of $4 to $40.
• The average percentage of households who report eating three meals each day has increased from 20% to 79%. 99% of households consume two or more meals per day.
• 99% of households report having access to health care; 96% report having been tested for HIV.
• 97% households report that they have the financial means to send their children to school.
• The proportion of HIV positive heads of household who report being treated differently or stigmatized as a result of their status has decreased from 30% to 11% as a result of 2 years in an FXB-Village.
The final survey will be completed in all 1,600 USAID project households by early 2012. The USAID project focuses on 20 FXB-Villages;
To read the full report, visit http://www.fxb.org/
To learn more about FXB’s innovative model, visit www.fxb.org.