News By Tag
* Intensive English
* English for Academic Purposes
* University Admission
* Study English
* More Tags...
News By Location
New ELS Center now open in Fredericksburg, Virginia at the University of Mary Washington
ELS is very pleased to announce a new Center in Fredericksburg, Virginia. ELS/Fredericksburg is located directly across the street and connected by a footbridge from ELS Partner School, the University of Mary Washington.
ELS/Fredericksburg opened November 7, 2011 on the campus of University of Mary Washington, a coeducational, public college that is ranked as a “Best Buy School” in the Fiske Guide to Colleges 2012.
Located in Fredericksburg, the University is within an hour’s drive of both Washington, DC and Richmond, Virginia. This provides students with unique internships, research excursions and recreational opportunities. Students also can head west to see Virginia’s Blue Ridge Mountains, or east to visit the Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic Ocean. In addition, the City of Fredericksburg offers an exciting mix of history, culture and recreational activities.
University of Mary Washington
ELS/Fredericksburg is joined by a pedestrian bridge to the campus of University of Mary Washington, a public institution of about 5,000 students. ELS students have full access to university facilities.
• Forbes.com ranks UMW as the South’s eighth best public college in its annual listing of “America’s Best Colleges.”
• U.S. News & World Report’s “2010 America’s Best Colleges” ranks UMW # 5 in public universities in the Universities –Master’s (South) category, and 11th overall in the Universities – Master’s (South) category.
• Plenty of on-campus sports opportunities:
• Incredible facilities: a brand-new ELS building located in Eagle Village, which also includes a secured transportation center, restaurants and retail shops.
• UMW offers a strong undergraduate program with a variety of majors and graduate degrees in Professional Studies, Business Administration, Education and Management Information Systems.
On campus housing and homestays are available.
For complete information, please visit www.ESL.edu/
The Top Reasons Students Choose ESL/Fredericksburg:
• The city of Fredericksburg is a great college town with a unique colonial flavor and is only one hour away from the nation’s capital of Washington, DC and the state capital of Richmond, Virginia.
• Tourism is a major part of the economy, so there is plenty to do—events, museums and historic sites.
• For more detailed information about Fredericksburg, please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/