News By Tag
* More Tags...
* Electric vehicles
* More Industries...
News By Place
PlugSurfing Leads the Way to 13,000 Electric Vehicle Charging Points in the UK and Europe
London, 20.12.11- With a new app, the PlugSurfing network offers free access to the biggest electric vehicle charging point database with location & details of over 13000 charging points in a social network framework.
Once charged up, the user can then bookmark the charging station in the smartphone app and add it to their list of personal favourites, as well as rating the station and recommending it to their friends. With so many features to help increase the flexibility and ease of driving electric, as well as curing 'range anxiety', PlugSurfing is fast becoming a vital aid for electric vehicle drivers everywhere. In just a matter of weeks the first version of the international PlugSurfing app registered over 4000 downloads, with the number of users increasing daily.
Now, to offer these users improved usability, the PlugSurfing team have created a dedicated UK app which can be downloaded for free from http://www.plugsurfing.co.uk, or direct from these app store links:
Overview of the PlugSurfing app:
- Location and technical information for over 13,000 charging points
- Route planning across Europe
- Option to share your private charging point
- Search by location, address or provider
- Rate and comment on charging point
- Bookmark your favourite charging points
- View photos of charging points and locations
- Personal user profiles
- Recommend charging stations to your friends
This free service is available to everyone and promises to break down the borders to finding your nearest charging point.