Medisister Takes On Arthritis As Monthly Hot Topic
Medisister looks at the health issue of arthritis as its last Hot Topic for 2011
Medisister has aimed to bring together both personal and clinical content and video material that can provide nurses with stimulating insights. This includes exciting research about the potential importance of diet in alleviating osteoarthritis symptoms.
With extended life expectancy in the UK population, the issue of arthritis is becoming increasingly pressing, but the condition is not confined to the elderly. This is brought out in a very interesting personal case history about a younger sufferer’s physical and mental approach to managing the disease.
Medisister offers a range of great ideas for nurses on work, leisure and lifestyle. The objectives of Medisister are to:
• Help, motivate and reward nurses
• Make the difficult jobs that nurses have to do easier to perform
• Provide nurses with a new channel to communicate their views and experience
Provided by MedIsis, a major source of information and resources for the nursing profession, www.medisister.com offers wide ranging practical help and the means to keep in touch socially and swap ideas.
The range of benefits that nurses can enjoy through visiting the Medisister site include:
• Access to a wide range of easy-to-order free healthcare information from a direct link with www.medisis.com
• Regular competitions, incentives and promotions with attractive prizes
• Current news, hot topics and interactive forums
• Awards for initiative and professionalism
The ‘Hot Topic’ is one of the features of the Medisister site and the theme changes every month. Previous subjects in 2011 have included Influenza Control and Women’s Health. An exciting range of new Hot Topics is being planned for 2012.