News By Tag
News By Location
Heal's Launch Mobile Optimised Site
With more and more of us using our mobile phones and tablets to shop, Heal's decided it was time to optimise the shopping experience for Heal’s customers on the go. With the new mobile website you can shop contemporary furniture wherever you are.
After seeing an increasing amount of people accessing Heals.co.uk via mobile devices (Oct 2011 saw +15% of total visits completed via mobile devices versus 3% in Oct 2010), the aim of the launch, was to give our customers a better, faster and easier shopping experience that is optimised for smart phone users. Whether shopping for gifts, contemporary furniture or design classics, the Heal's customer can now access the site at home, work and on the move.
Inspired to buy a Tom Dixon Light while eating out with friends? No problem. Reading a magazine on the train and need to buy the featured Vitra furniture right there and then? Of course. Just moved house, and need a modern sofa but have no wifi? You can order a modern sofa and all of your home essentials on your phone easily.
The mobile site compliments the online kiosks that are available to use in all six Heal's furniture stores. The kiosks provide sales assistants with another opportunity to ensure customers do not leave Heal’s without having made the purchase they want. With 1000's more lines online, the web, kiosks and mobile site all work together with the stores to ensure that the customers can purchase from leading designer brands full collections.
Some of the key development areas of the mobile site were:
• Provide an inspirational shopping experience that is consistent with the Heal’s brand across all popular mobile devices
• To provide simple, clear navigation, that allows customers to browse through our products and purchase the full range of products available from Heal’s.
• To create a simple concise product pages with rich images and detailed product information including ratings and reviews.
• Ability to share through Facebook, Twitter and Email
• Ever present site search bar to allow customers to find products quickly and easily
• Store locator to allow customers to easily access store locations, opening hours and contact details
• Seamless integration of mobile and main website enabling customer to use a single account to shop across both channels.
“Over the last year, mobile has quickly grown to become one of the most important channels for our customers to access to our website.” said Mike Traill, Head of Ecommerce at Heal’s. “Creating a mobile optimized site that enables our customers to quickly and simply research and purchase products as well as find our store locations at home or on the go will enhance our multi-channel strategy.”
View the Website on your mobile phone here: http://www.heals.co.uk/
Find out about all the store locations here: http://www.heals.co.uk/
To find out about the design brands available at Heal's visit: http://www.heals.co.uk/
# # #
Heal’s was established in 1810 by John Harris Heal as a family business.
Heal's sell a wide range of modern, designer and contemporary furniture, homewares, lighting, accessories and gifts for the home.
Heal's works with leading designers and brands to offer home furnishings that represent the best in contemporary design. Collections available in store and online include Tom Dixon, Kartell, Vitra, Ligne Roset, Marimekko and Orla Kiely