News By Tag
* Heart Digital Media
* Delish Com
* Elizabeth Shepard
* Rob Bennett
* More Tags...
News By Place
Delish.com Relaunches With New Look and Feel, Enhanced Content and Advertiser Functionality
With more than six million unique monthly visitors, Delish.com is the latest site in the Hearst Digital Media network to integrate HTML5 functionality
“Three years of data and audience insights have brought us to a clean and strategically streamlined experience for our visitors,” said Elizabeth Shepard, executive director of Delish.com. “The new look is distinct, modern and epitomizes food. We’ve enhanced the navigation so it’s easier for visitors to find the recipes they want, created new content focused on our audience’s needs and launched new advertising opportunities for our marketing partners.”
New sponsorship capabilities are available throughout the site and have been tested over several months. For advertisers, these new customized sponsorship opportunities include:
• The Epic sponsorship template, which offers deep brand and advertorial integration on every page of a sponsorship.
• A variety of new advertorial integration and promotion opportunities for recipes, video content, client Facebook programs and more.
• Sponsorship extensions onto Delish’s Facebook and Twitter platforms.
• A new lineup of original video programs available for sponsorship and possible product integration.
• Another module located just below the HTML5 promo player provides an opportunity for advertisers to feature their logos and expert content.
For the audience, feature enhancements also include:
• Efficient navigation – The design team conducted focus groups with site visitors to help improve navigation and the overall user experience.
• HTML5 functionality – The promo players have been rebuilt in HTML5, enhancing mobile browsing capabilities across multiple platforms and handheld devices.
• Upgraded recipe finder – The Delish.com team analyzed data and feedback and learned that visitors often prefer pre-filtered searches. Hence, the recipe finder has been upgraded with search suggestions based on popularity and seasonality, such as quick-and-easy meals, holiday cookies, healthy alternatives, foods kids love and more.
“The changes to the site come just in time for the holiday season when our visitors will be on Delish.com searching for everything from unique holiday cookie ideas to what to do with leftovers,” said Rob Bennett, General Manager, MSN at Microsoft Corp. “Since the site launched in October 2008, people have printed out more than 20 million recipes and saved more than 3.5 million recipes to their personal recipe books. With today’s release, the experience gets even better for our audience.”
# # #
ABOUT HEARST DIGITAL MEDIA
Launched in March 2006, Hearst Digital Media, a unit of Hearst Magazines, is dedicated to creating and implementing the digital strategy for Hearst’s magazine brands and other sites, which serve the company’s consumer audience. The unit oversees more than 28 websites and 14 mobile sites for brands such as Cosmopolitan, ELLE, ELLE DECOR, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Marie Claire, Popular Mechanics, Road & Track and Seventeen, as well as digital-only sites such as Delish.com, and RealBeauty.com. Hearst Magazines has published more than 100 applications and digital editions for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch, as well as the Android platform. In addition, the company includes iCrossing, a global digital marketing agency.