News By Tag
* Mobile Monday Detroit
* Mobile Technology
* Mobile Technology Association of Michigan
* More Tags...
News By Place
Mobile Monday Detroit Reviews 2011 and the Mobile Industry Outlook
Metro Detroit Mobile Community Explores 2011 Events and Trends in the Industry and Potential Impact on 2012 and Beyond – Locally, Nationally and Globally
By: Mobile Monday Detroit
The format of this meeting will encourage broad audience participation and input as we explore the industry from a global, national, statewide and local perspective. MoMoDetroit organizers, Linda Daichendt (Mobile Technology Association of Michigan), Glenn Everitt (Compuware) and Randy Nunez (Ford Motor Company) will get things started by highlighting key events and trends of 2011 which may include any of a diverse list of topics such as:
• The death of Steve Jobs; how will it impact Apple and the mobile industry overall?
• Nokia’s move away from Symbian smartphone OS to Microsoft’s Windows Mobile
• AT&T’s bid to purchase T-mobile; will it happen, and if so, what will be the effect?
• The rise of the media tablet
• Google’s purchase of Motorola Mobility
• Adobe’s decision to do away with Mobile Flash
• What about RIM? Are they still relevant? Can they regain their role in the mobile ecosystem?
• Which mobile sectors began to emerge in 2011, and which are expected to continue gaining momentum; M2M, mHealth, mCommerce, Location-based services, etc.?
• How did mobile technology impact Michigan in 2011 and what should we expect moving forward?
• Many more!
Participants may register to attend at http://meetup.com/
The meeting takes place at Compuware Headquarters located at One Campus Martius in Detroit on Monday, December 12th at 5:30 p.m., and is free to attend, though reservations are required for security purposes. Free parking is available to those who utilize Compuware’s parking deck and have their parking stub validated when signing in at the meeting. Refreshments will be served.
Mobile Monday Detroit is a chapter of Mobile Monday Michigan and is sponsored by the Mobile Technology Association of Michigan, Mobile Monday Michigan and Compuware.
# # #
About Mobile Monday Michigan:
Mobile Monday Michigan is a branch of Mobile Monday, an international community of mobile industry visionaries, developers, influential individuals, and users fostering cooperation and cross-company business development. Mobile Monday Michigan executes on Mobile Monday objectives thru its Ann Arbor, Detroit and Grand Rapids chapters (with additional chapters currently in development in Lansing and Kalamazoo), by delivering a balanced approach of business and technical content from within the Michigan business community, as well as beyond our State.
Those interested in learning more can find the group's website at http://MobileMondayMichigan.org; and information about the International organization can be found at http://MobileMonday.net.